996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 TURBO TORQUE IMBALANCE AFTER TUNe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timccloud
your ideas have been a good help except for the smart **** spool bus

tim, you still haven't posted your dyno sheet yet. Can we see it?
Thanks.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
3 dyno sheets posted in the car pics in the garage

Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
as you can see they all have a high torque figure I have another at home which is the one with 852nm after fitting of a 5 bar fpr

cheers

Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
if you compare a 997 turbo graph and my graphs you will see the similarities.

my car much feels like a 997 turbo

Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !

Yea, and you can jam two fingers into an apple pie but that don't make it right!

I think you should flash back to stock and get a properly "balanced" tune.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:11 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !

Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM
um no i dont think i will change my tune i willl just fix the boost leak

Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
um no i dont think i will change my tune i willl just fix the boost leak

Ok, so fixing your boost leak will magically make all your CEL's go away? A boost leak won't necessarily make your car die. You have more problems than that I suspect.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
we will see car doesnt die just psm abs lights come on

Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Can any one help ???

After a re-tune i have a torque imbalance problem and the computer will cut all power. I can re start but have to pull over and remove key. Computer will also cut PSM and ABS for no apparent reason

Car is mildly tuned standard turbos 5 bar fpr full gemballa exhaust evo intake plus a Y pipe GT2 Intercoolers and upgraded diverter valves, 920nm Clutch and wave trac limited slip diff.

Chassis dyno says 298kw and 852nm at the wheels. Approx 400hp and 628ft lbs.

Need help with the Torque Imbalance its not really a problem but would like it to stop as with the PSM ABS trouble.

I took it back to the tuner and he raised the torque limit 10% but with no sucess

Oh, but you said it died here no?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about

sounds like you know very little about a 997, it has much more fuel then a 996 and much more. on the first page you said its boost is 1.4 now 1.2... you have K16's !!!! the max is 0.9-1.0, maybe 1.1 with a custom tune and race fuel... keep running your car with the set up it has , tune, OVER BOOST, and yeah it will run, for how long?? if you want more boost, change your turbos, tune, and proper upgrades to support them... there's not much you can do with a k16 car except add a few bolt ons to help you.. the biggest hit you'll get is the PROPER TUNE AND A GOOD EXHAUST!! .... WE HAVE ALL DONE THIS AND IF THERE WERE SOME MAGICI WAY TO GET THERE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!!!... save your $$$$, go with markski and its done... i'm sure if you blow your engine we will never hear about it on this post.... have your tuner put in writing that he will pay for your new engine and then do all the mistakes you want... doubt he will!!!! just so you know, i have a protomotive CUSTOM tune with K24 and wastegates... i run 1.2 bar on pump gas, and 1.4 on the race file with 60lb injectors....

Last edited by mod mike; 12-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I converted one of his dynos to SAE. It doesn't look bad to me especially if he says his car feels fine but you really need to see the datalogs to make an accurate evaluation, imho.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by TTdude
I converted one of his dynos to SAE. It doesn't look bad to me especially if he says his car feels fine but you really need to see the datalogs to make an accurate evaluation, imho.

yes power is good car goes very well except for abs psm issue

Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
we will see what happens when i get off my ship

Old 12-14-2011, 11:45 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I wanted to do the same but don't have the right tool... great job! I tried reading tim's chart cross-eyed and didn't think the graph looked that bad. Like you said, the datalog will tell.

Originally Posted by TTdude

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 TURBO TORQUE IMBALANCE AFTER TUNe