996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need owner feedback on Evoms Stage 1 with V Flow and Hitachi MAF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Raza is infamous around these parts
Need owner feedback on Evoms Stage 1 with V Flow and Hitachi MAF

Hey all.. Haven't been on the forum in a long time..

Finally decided to upgrade my 2001 Turbo. I purchased an exhaust system with 100cel cats with headers from a friend.. Noticed a significant difference right away.. after reading about various ECU options I am considering the Evoms Stage 1 with V Flow and Hitachi MAF system.

Is there enough of a difference above the stock airbox and MAF to justify an extra $1000 for the VFlow system? I dont plan on modifying the car any further..

Ideally, I would like to hear from someone that did the ecu upgrade and exhaust first and then VFlow upgrade later and what your thoughts are.

Thanks for your feedback

Drive safe..

Old 12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Raza
Hey all.. Haven't been on the forum in a long time..

Finally decided to upgrade my 2001 Turbo. I purchased an exhaust system with 100cel cats with headers from a friend.. Noticed a significant difference right away.. after reading about various ECU options I am considering the Evoms Stage 1 with V Flow and Hitachi MAF system.

Is there enough of a difference above the stock airbox and MAF to justify an extra $1000 for the VFlow system? I dont plan on modifying the car any further..

Ideally, I would like to hear from someone that did the ecu upgrade and exhaust first and then VFlow upgrade later and what your thoughts are.

Drive safe..

Hi Raza!
You should visit more often!

I bought the V-flow before the exhaust, but I think I can still answer your question. The V-flow basically removes the restrictive stock box. The gains for a K-16 car will be minimal. The gains get more substantial as you move to larger turbos. That should give you some direction...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Havent seen anyone in my circle claiming its a noticable difference with that V set-up or really saw any real world results to prove it....I dont think to many higher HP guys run it either...I know some tuners, years back, told me you would actually loose power with it unless you were programed for it because you would run RICH with it??

Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Hi Raza!
You should visit more often!

I bought the V-flow before the exhaust, but I think I can still answer your question. The V-flow basically removes the restrictive stock box. The gains for a K-16 car will be minimal. The gains get more substantial as you move to larger turbos. That should give you some direction...
Thanks! Since I am not planning further mods, I wonder if the $$ may be better spent elsewhere..

Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,Havent seen anyone in my circle claiming its a noticable difference with that V set-up or really saw any real world results to prove it....I dont think to many higher HP guys run it either...I know some tuners, years back, told me you would actually loose power with it unless you were programed for it because you would run RICH with it??
I asked them about that and was told that If I buy together, the ECU will be programed with VFlow in mind so shouldnt have that issue.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
don't mess with it; keep you stock filter and you'll be fine.... save your $$ for 16gs LOL,

Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by mod mike
don't mess with it; keep you stock filter and you'll be fine.... save your $$ for 16gs LOL,
You are an evil man! I'm trying not to get sucked into further mods.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
thanks!!! i am really just saving you $$$$$

Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

don't mess with it; keep you stock filter and you'll be fine.... Save your $$ for 16gs lol,
....agreed.....

Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 PM
....agreed.....
I was thinking more along the lines of suspension next.. I like my clean driving record

Old 12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of suspension next.. I like my clean driving record
i'll let you borrow my prius then

Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
i'll let you borrow my prius then
Ouch!! That hurt!!

Whats funny is that a Prius is about to become my daily driver, thats why I'm getting off my wallet for the flash.. to regain some of my manhood on the weekends.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Ouch!! That hurt!!

Whats funny is that a Prius is about to become my daily driver, thats why I'm getting off my wallet for the flash.. to regain some of my manhood on the weekends.
I thought in Vegas,there are alot of other things you can also do to regain your manhood...lol...

Old 12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought in Vegas,there are alot of other things you can also do to regain your manhood...lol...
You guys are seriously BAD influence!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
If you don't plan on further mods then don't bother with the hitachi MAF conversion and V-flow, just do the EVOMSit. The hitachi MAF is supposed to be a better MAF than stock especially if you want to use an oiled filter which will kill your stock MAF but not worth the money unless you are building higher power. I had Sharkwerks put in my EVOMSit software in my car with no hitachi MAF or V-flow and it's a great tune. I still need an exhaust though to maximize it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need owner feedback on Evoms Stage 1 with V Flow and Hitachi MAF