996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tapping transmission case for GT2 slave conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ronny-
ok cool, then i'll remove the spring from the list. Is GT2 master sylinder is needed or isnt that necessary either?
The master is needed.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
No worries SRM is working on a billet adjustable clutch pedal
Awesome News
Keep us updating

Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
The master is needed.
ok, cool
Thanks

Old 02-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
ronny what i did with mine was all oem parts to the spring. i disassembled the spring from the tt and used a lighter spring just to keep it engaged for the cruise control. new mnaster clutch fork slave and hose are all needed since the petosin out of any of the old parts will contaminate the system with the new dot 4

Old 02-08-2016, 05:13 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Pretty sure the GT2 master is the Boxster unit, yes? I think one member just swapped the reservoir and flushed the stock one but I'm not sure I'd do that lol.

I too run no spring, seemed to me that all it did was make the pedal vague and HARDER to push. I need to extend the clutch switch though, I have some of the lighter springs I could use too.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Home depot hardware section. Specialty drawers. Chrome caps pop right in 1$
I can verify that, Hardware section, speciality drawers, 1 3/8=39mm zinq coated plug for around 3$. Directly bought the NPT plugs for the PS-Pump also

Last edited by b4stiTTS; 02-09-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
Ok, it seems to me that without the spring the clutch pedal will not sit in its correct position.
Hence the clutch switch will not engage/disengage properly?
Today the switch is shorted so i dont have to depress the clutch pedal to get the engine started, but this affects the cruise control, and i plan to restore this functionality.

I see from the parts diagram that there is a spring on the stock turbo, so why not just use this?

Old 02-09-2016, 08:57 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Ok, it seems to me that without the spring the clutch pedal will not sit in its correct position.
Hence the clutch switch will not engage/disengage properly?
Today the switch is shorted so i dont have to depress the clutch pedal to get the engine started, but this affects the cruise control, and i plan to restore this functionality.

I see from the parts diagram that there is a spring on the stock turbo, so why not just use this?
It always amazes me when people wanna do the GT2 clutch conversion but want to skip out on half the parts. Use all the required GT2 parts people, including the spring! Those Porsche engineers do know a thing or two actually...

Old 02-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
It always amazes me when people wanna do the GT2 clutch conversion but want to skip out on half the parts. Use all the required GT2 parts people, including the spring! Those Porsche engineers do know a thing or two actually...
I disagree.
The reason we are doing this conversion in the first place is because porsche enginerres f..ed up the stock part.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I disagree.
The reason we are doing this conversion in the first place is because porsche enginerres f..ed up the stock part.
I've yet to hear anyone complain about the GT2 set up. I doubt you'll find guys with GT2s that have basterdized their set up. Seems Porsche got it right. Judging by your post above you are already running issues by skipping the GT2 assist spring when the solution is rather simple as I pointed out. It's your car, naturally do as you see fit.

Incidentally I never had any issues with the stock TT set up either but the added complexity is a downside but I understand why it was done that way considering the touring nature of the car and the target market of the TT. Most of the stuff on the TT is more complex than on the GT2/3, clutch system included.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 02-09-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:45 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
My stock sprung setup was vague and I stalled it often - so did several other experienced stick drivers who drove it. Stoplight were always interesting as I had to focus on no stalling. Now with no spring it feels easier without the spring trying to pull the clutch up, the spring doesn't make it easier! Yes, the cruise switch doesn't engage at the top but the neutral start switch is fine. An extension and it ought to be fine. If and when I switch to GT2 I'll consider the spring but I can't I,aging why I'd want additional mechanical resistance pulling the pedal up in addition to the pressure plate...

Old 05-13-2016, 02:35 AM
So im done with my conversion, i used the porsche gt2 master pump, FTE/oem slave, drilled and tapped the housing.

With this i have a new luk dmfw and sachs 2,5 kit.

I used a vacuum pump to bleed the system from the slave.
After this i had a friend help to press the pedal inn and i opened the slave, this was done 10times at least.
I believe the system is properly bleed now.

When i press down the pedal the clutch disengages, but it starts engaging really fast, like half an inch or so from the bottom posititon.

Is there anyway to improve this?

Old 05-13-2016, 03:28 AM
Banned
So im done with my conversion, i used the porsche gt2 master pump, FTE/oem slave, drilled and tapped the housing. With this i have a new luk dmfw and sachs 2,5 kit. I used a vacuum pump to bleed the system from the slave. After this i had a friend help to press the pedal inn and i opened the slave, this was done 10times at least. I believe the system is properly bleed now. When i press down the pedal the clutch disengages, but it starts engaging really fast, like half an inch or so from the bottom posititon. Is there anyway to improve this?
That has to to do with the clutch setup not the slave. Only way to change engagement point is to fabricate an adjustable pedal

Old 03-23-2023, 12:14 PM
sjbdeebo2 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know what this hole is for, like a window to the slave cylinder rod? I see it on GT3 and GT2s. Is it worth drilling out?

Old 03-23-2023, 02:10 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
It looks like someone changed the transmission to use the GT2 slave instead of the OEM accumulator arrangement. Excellent idea to have an opening to allow you to hold the rod while getting the slave bolted in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tapping transmission case for GT2 slave conversion