996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tapping transmission case for GT2 slave conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
How is this setup running after several months to get used to it?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I'd like to know too.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
tell me!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I had this conversion done a few months back and the GT2 slave/rod is the perfect length without any modifications. Just bolt it up and go. I have a stage 2 Sachs clutch. This is what the OP found out also after fiddling with various rod lengths. He settled on the stock GT2 length.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
just so everyone knows the op has sold his turbo and moved on to bmw. he stepped back in shortly to post links for the i/c build he did but rarely comes here anymore

Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Do you need the GT2 fork for this mod or is just the slave ok?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:34 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil 996tt
Do you need the GT2 fork for this mod or is just the slave ok?
You need the GT2 fork

Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Thx, i was just trying to find a parts list. After searching a while, i found a good thread( other than this post) with a good list.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
guys, i run evoms gt2 slave and ERP clutch, can anybody let me know how long the rod should be ? i didnt tap the drill the case as my old cluctchmasters stage3+evoms gt2 conversion kit were running great with stock rod and no tapping..

Should i consider drilling the case and running longer rod instead ?

Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
guys, i run evoms gt2 slave and ERP clutch, can anybody let me know how long the rod should be ? i didnt tap the drill the case as my old cluctchmasters stage3+evoms gt2 conversion kit were running great with stock rod and no tapping..

Should i consider drilling the case and running longer rod instead ?
theres no rod change needed. if you run the oem setup the gt2 rod length is the proper size. pedal engagement will depend on the clutch you use. its a hyd clutch if you shorten the rod the fluid will just fill the space and no change will happen. shorten it to much and the you will blow out the seals in the slave. to long and engagement will suffer or cause binding of the throwout bearing

if you have the bracket setup i wouldn't change to oem unless theres a broken part or a problem in the system. this was designed simply to allow for a gt2 setup without having to drop and drill the tt transmission.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
+1 that's the answer i was looking for, thank you !

I will have to check somewhere else why after a long WOT pull i am not able to downshift for 20-30 seconds... upshifting works ok and downshifting too but after 20seconds or so

Old 02-10-2015, 07:54 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Page
I was planing on doing the same mod to my trans so that I can eliminate the hydraulic assist. Here's a GT2 trans for reference. On the factory GT2 trans, the area where you mount the slave is machined. So, since the TT trans has the extra material in that area the rod length will need to be increased (don't know the exact #) or some how machine out the aluminum to the rib line. If your trans is out, can you measure the material area?

I also want to make the drill and tap method for the GT2 slave.
Maybe also I want get the surface machined in a local shop, but only when I get the correct measures/ dimensions.
Is there any Way to get the original Dimensions/ drawings or somebody can measure at his gearbox for some reference?

Thanks

Old 02-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by b4stiTTS
I also want to make the drill and tap method for the GT2 slave.
Maybe also I want get the surface machined in a local shop, but only when I get the correct measures/ dimensions.
Is there any Way to get the original Dimensions/ drawings or somebody can measure at his gearbox for some reference?

Thanks
There's no need to machine the face or change the length of the rod. Hit the flat with a grinder to smooth it and drill the stud holes.i went to the last thread over 1" and had room to spare. You can see we're the studs go from inside the bellhousing

Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
With all of this talk of rod length, has anyone considered making an adjustable rod? Seems like you could take the stock one and fit a threaded sleeve and locking nut to come up with something that would allow for adjustment. Am I crazy? Seems like different clutches sometimes do require a change in rod length - yuck.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
...Sounds pretty dangerous unless you could absolutely guarantee the nut could not come loose. It would be a major PITA to have to remove the trans because the nut came loose.

Also, the rod is easy enough to shorten!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tapping transmission case for GT2 slave conversion