996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What's the deal with 18" Forgestar wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
SLO
SLO is infamous around these parts
Those centercaps look great, I will be doing the same thing but I want it with a silver/red/black crest to match the one I have on the hood. My car is also going to be de-golded.

I placed my order for F14s in 18x8.5 and 18x11 a little over 2 weeks ago and was told the hold up was waiting for the 18x11 barrels to arrive from China. They came in on Mon 6/10 and I was just given a 5 week ETA. I ordered mine in a custom matte gunmetal smooth finish which will look absolutey stunning on my (new to me) Slate Gray 996TT.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
I bought these crests, they were $30 and match my wheels perfect. High gloss and the crest is raised and amazing looking. Totally worth the money.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3849741

Old 06-22-2013, 09:12 PM
zblake is infamous around these partszblake is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
Thanks!
These were maybe $20 shipped because they are the "custom" ones.

Again this is the site I ordered them from
http://3dcarstickers.com/en/auxpage_yourlogo/

I ordered them in 63mm
Can you post or email the image you used to have the stickers made? I'm like a set exactly like you have. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zblake
Can you post or email the image you used to have the stickers made? I'm like a set exactly like you have. Thanks!
Hey, this is the image I used.....

Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Has anyone here used the www.forgestar.com/tracking site to track their wheels and found it to be inaccurate?

The vendor (which will remain nameless at this point) told me that the tracking site is always wrong and rarely updated.
He also informed me most of the time the wheels are done before tracking site is update.
Meaning, the wheels are complete but the site still said "materials being prepped".

Ive been in touch with Forgestar and they said the opposite and their tracking site is almost realtime.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey, this is the image I used.....

Hey man, its not showing up, can you repost? Thanks in advance. If you're ever in NorCal, drop a line....

Z

Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Try this....

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by King James
I bought these crests, they were $30 and match my wheels perfect. High gloss and the crest is raised and amazing looking. Totally worth the money.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3849741

These wouldnt fit the F14's. These wheels have a 63mm bore

Old 06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Try this....
Perfect. Thanks man.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 AM
SLO
Has anyone here used the www.forgestar.com/tracking site to track their wheels and found it to be inaccurate?

The vendor (which will remain nameless at this point) told me that the tracking site is always wrong and rarely updated.
He also informed me most of the time the wheels are done before tracking site is update.
Meaning, the wheels are complete but the site still said "materials being prepped".

Ive been in touch with Forgestar and they said the opposite and their tracking site is almost realtime.
I had my vendor contact Forgestar and create a login for me to track my order. Mine says mine are in the "Machined" state and have been there for about a week.

Yours says "materials being prepped" still?

Mine says 4 weeks ETA as of 6/13 so I'm hoping in 3 weeks I'll have them.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by SLO

Mine says 4 weeks ETA as of 6/13 so I'm hoping in 3 weeks I'll have them.
Mine say machined and the same eta as yours.
I ordered mine on May 6th. So if they are due around the 5th of July that will be close to 9 weeks!!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 AM
SLO
Mine say machined and the same eta as yours.
I ordered mine on May 6th. So if they are due around the 5th of July that will be close to 9 weeks!!!!
You were unlucky enough to order when they didn't have any 18x11 barrels in stock and unfortunately nobody told you they were out. So effectively we both had an order date of 6/12 (when the 18x11 barrels arrived from China).

Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This is a hot mess, I like my F14's and was considering ordering another set, but with this type of nonsense going on I'll get me some OZ Allegeritas.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
i needed another one. my original order took 7.5 weeks iirc? but now the barrels have changed so old f14's cannot be used against new. they will not look the same.. i am told. i think the concave my have changed. or just the barrel. who knows. no sprechen sie chicomm.

i just want some cf10's. no cf10 18's. ever. terrific.

i think the oz's may look better too.

Last edited by '02996ttx50; 06-24-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:46 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
InfamousDrew, I emailed the place you got your center caps and ordered a set, thanks for the Link!! You saved me from machining my own from scratch!

FYI, they had a few choices of colored or black and white crests, etc..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with 18" Forgestar wheels