996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What are the factory boost levels by 996 turbo model?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI Steve,,,I am confussed here??What other info are you looking for....I believe you did get your answers to you opening question....Also,there are many topics on this if you do a search......It is really not that hard of a question which was answered....Just trying to understand what other help you need to help.....

Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI Steve,,,I am confussed here??What other info are you looking for....I believe you did get your answers to you opening question....Also,there are many topics on this if you do a search......It is really not that hard of a question which was answered....Just trying to understand what other help you need to help.....
John,

I did search and it wasn't as easy to sort through the information and get the anwers as I thought it would be. Of course maybe I just stink at searching.

The only answer remaining is the boost level on the later 2004-2005 GT2 cars that were rated at approximately 480hp.

Later, Steve

Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Twinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud of
I have a 2003 tt completely stock except a UMW flash. I was getting .7 - .8 boost and now I get 1.0 - 1.1 consistently (with boost coming on at much lower rpm).

Old 01-11-2012, 12:43 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
I got 100 cell exhaust, 710n DVs, headers AP boost hoses and 1 bar wastegate with Softronic flash, I seen spike 1.2 bar and consant 0.8 0.9 max, now probably guess it may has leak somewhere...

Old 01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Yes that sounds low and check for a boost leak.....It will be more enjoyment with that new found power.....

Old 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
If i'm not mistaken, the Turbo S cars had the same 450hp as the X50 cars and the GT2 only had 480hp in 2004 and 2005, before that they were only 456hp.

Later, Steve
TRUE turbo S car was only made 1 year(2005) and not sure about boost levels however there is little doubt there is a difference in performance.
stock vs stock.... no x50 996 package car from any year will be as quick as the TRUE 2005 S car. this has been said many times in other threads/posts
and i've ran against 4-5 x50 cars and the results have always been the same at the track in 1/4 mile. I've heard hp is the same on the TURBO S as gt2 at480 hp

Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyg
I got 100 cell exhaust, 710n DVs, headers AP boost hoses and 1 bar wastegate with Softronic flash, I seen spike 1.2 bar and consant 0.8 0.9 max, now probably guess it may has leak somewhere...
dont like reiterate...what is your requested boost from ecu with durametric?...0.8-0.9 with 1bar wastegates is only base boost...check this and you have one answer

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by winnigt2
dont like reiterate...what is your requested boost from ecu with durametric?...0.8-0.9 with 1bar wastegates is only base boost...check this and you have one answer
Attach zip is the Durametric log file, the DME was requested to boost 1.3 and it actual boost is still 0.8.....

Attached Files
File Type: zip
2012_01_21_01_00_03.zip (23.1 KB, 87 views)
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Twinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud of
Larry, site won't allow me to PM a response to you so I put it in this thread. I chose Kevin at UMW based on online reputation, reasonable price but mostly due to numerous phone conversations with him and his straight forward answers to my questions. Everything worked just as he told me it would and I have been very happy with the results.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Attach zip is the Durametric log file, the DME was requested to boost 1.3 and it actual boost is still 0.8.....
okay a real bad situation...your ecu cry for 1,3 bar and you get only 0,8

afr look good, so i would check n75 valve mechanical and electrical,(durametric actuators test) diverter valve and hoses...at the end a boost leak test

wish you luck ....there is a lot power difference between 0,8 bar and 1,3 bar...

Old 01-21-2012, 12:42 PM
okay a real bad situation...your ecu cry for 1,3 bar and you get only 0,8

afr look good, so i would check n75 valve mechanical and electrical,(durametric actuators test) diverter valve and hoses...at the end a boost leak test

wish you luck ....there is a lot power difference between 0,8 bar and 1,3 bar...
Thanks mate, its quite annoying to me now.
How do I know it is failure or fine using the Durametric to test the N75 value?
Besides, my DVs and hoses were newly installed 5000 miles ago. But I have the P0492 come back always, therefore I could hear the secondary air-pump is working during engine cold.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks mate, its quite annoying to me now.
How do I know it is failure or fine using the Durametric to test the N75 value?
Besides, my DVs and hoses were newly installed 5000 miles ago. But I have the P0492 come back always, therefore I could hear the secondary air-pump is working during engine cold.
with your p0492 code your secondary system have a failurel:
Possible causes:
- Fuse faulty
- Open circuit to secondary air injection pump
- Short circuit to ground in the lead to the secondary air injection pump
- Secondary air injection pump relay mechanically faulty
- Secondary air valve sluggish
- Secondary air injection pump (air cleaner) blocked
- Air hose to secondary air injection pump slipped off or is crushed
- Secondary air injection pump faulty / stuck

...you can test with actuators active check secondary pump and valve .....

you can check n75 with durametric and activation actuators....you hear click noise from your n75 valve if it works electrical..mechanical test is you check the ventilation of the n75 valve...no voltage full pass from y pipe to wastegates

with voltage no pass to wastgates but ventilation side open

check ventilation hose if it is free and open

after all above the most common failure is a boost leak.....https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pressure.html

hope it helps and excuse my bad english....

Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Hey Steve (OP),

I'm actually a bit surprised that you felt the modified K16 car felt strong, coming from your background. My own modified K16 car doesn't have that top end power that we're used to from Supras, but has a much more progressive midrange that makes up for it. I generally liken my powerband more to a naturally aspirated V8 than a turbocharged 6, and that is even with the factory exhaust. I'm on the verge of installing a more free-flowing exhaust and do look forward to feeling how that amplifies the powerband a bit more. I hope you find a suitable 996TT soon as I know you've been looking for a while, but I think you'll be really happy when you do.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 PM
i forget someting, you should also do a datalog from both banks, left and right...maybe a different afr show you a failure ore boost leak

do a hard push in a higher gear and log both banks......

Old 01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
i forget someting, you should also do a datalog from both banks, left and right...maybe a different afr show you a failure ore boost leak

do a hard push in a higher gear and log both banks......
Got it and will do, thanks dude. Will update the log here again after recoreded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are the factory boost levels by 996 turbo model?