996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Source for Toyo T1R?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
Question Source for Toyo T1R?

Looking to replace my rears but the tire is discontinued in 315/25/19. My fronts are brand new so I only need the rears. I guess I could sell the fronts and get four new tires, but money is a bit tight right now. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
They are all gone! trust me... Get Flaken FK 452's, similar Tread Pattern. Or switch to Nitto INVO (Good Tire) if you are on a Buget... Otherwise the Best tire is PS2's but 1.5 Times the price of Nitto's... www.discounttiredirect.com has the best prices i can come across Online

Old 01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-06-2012, 06:20 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
they are discontinued.

they are still shown as being available on a lot of websites but when you try and order them they will call or email you within a couple of days telling you they are no longer available...i tried ordering from 4 different places that all showed they had them available online

Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 AM
So it looks like I will need to get four new tires instead of two. Great.
Is there a market for a pair of new T1R 19's for the front. Looks like I will be selling.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
they are discontinued.

they are still shown as being available on a lot of websites but when you try and order them they will call or email you within a couple of days telling you they are no longer available...i tried ordering from 4 different places that all showed they had them available online
What he said!

Too Bad they were Really good Tires, i had a Few Sets on mine in that Size

Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Toyo now has the Proxes 1 which I got on my TT for DD use. They are fantastic tires, even in the cold the last few days. Better in the cold then my PS2s.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Doc, unfortunately they do not make them in 315/25/19's.

Looks like my only choices are:
PS2's - $585 each
Falken 452's - $406 each
Nitto Invo's - $367 each
Yoko Advan Sports - $451 each
Continental Conticontactsport Vmax $676 each

Old 01-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by S4Drifter
Doc, unfortunately they do not make them in 315/25/19's.

Looks like my only choices are:
PS2's - $585 each
Falken 452's - $406 each
Nitto Invo's - $367 each
Yoko Advan Sports - $451 each
Continental Conticontactsport Vmax $676 each
Get the Nitto's and Sell the Toyo's should be easy to sell in that Size. Also dont forget to Write a Review of the Nitto's

Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
One of the reasons I ran T1Rs was the ability to dismount and remount on the other side - which almost doubled my tire life. You can do this with the FK452s as well, but the tread on the others is not symmetrical.

I went to the FK452s when I couldn't find the T1Rs any longer.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by RiA
One of the reasons I ran T1Rs was the ability to dismount and remount on the other side - which almost doubled my tire life. You can do this with the FK452s as well, but the tread on the others is not symmetrical.

I went to the FK452s when I couldn't find the T1Rs any longer.
RiA is correct, i did the same with my T1R's. Get the Flakens... for $50 more per tire you will get Twice the Life compare to the Nitto's

Old 01-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
guys sorry to threadjack but what would be the difference between running 315/25/19 and 305/30/19 does it really make any difference?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Andresito, when I talked to Wheel Enhancement today about alternate tire sizes.They said that the 30's raised the ride height to a point that it could affect the front differential. I am not a wrench, or wise in these matters, but they are a good company and board sponsor, and if they say don't do it, I will heed their advice.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
uh I always assume rwd instead of awd (i am rwd) hence it might affect it but that depends on the front tires. You can use a wheel calculator and see what the percent difference would be between tire sizes

Edit.

You can use this and see what the differences are, I know there is a certant percentage that you can run hopefully someone can shime in
tiresizecalculator.asp

Last edited by Savetheclutch; 01-06-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Fire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really nice
I went with nitto because I kept hearing bad reviews about the falken and they were the same price. Im pretty happy with the Nitto tire and for the price you cant really go wrong. FYI the nitto tire is a much softer tire then the falken(same 220 rating as the PS2) but the sidewalls are a little soft on the nitto, I can't compare because I've never had the falken tire. What I can say is that i didn't get the PS2 because I have them on my E55 and still to this day can't justify the cost.