996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sportec exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Sportec exhaust

Does anyone have this on their car?

Last edited by bbywu; 01-07-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: fixed spelling Sportec
Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I guess time has passed this exhaust by.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Friend of mine has Sportec exhaust, chip, and bigger turbine of VTG blowers in his 997tt, but the car became lack of top end power. Thus after 3 month he replaced it with Kreissieg valve tronic exhast. Then the top end power improved.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
calcareer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deckman
Does anyone have this on their car?
I have the Sportec exhaust with 100 cell cats on my 2004 911 turbo with the X50 engine. This is an excellent exhaust but the reason you do not see too many of them on Porsches was due to the price.
They were over $7000 when I bought mine and that was more expensive than the Europipe or the Cargraphic exhausts.

They do sound fantastic though, and there are many sound clips on Youtube of Sportec exhausts.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
With so much money you can buy a Kreissieg

Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. I knew the Sportec was very expensive and didn't sell well in the U.S. That explains easily why it isn't widely reviewed by 996TT owners.

There was a n incomplete unit for sale on eBay. I have a bad habit of rolling the dice on bargains when I come accross them. Most pan out, some don't. This one doesn't inlcude cats or pipes to them out of the muffler but otherwise looks like it's in very good condition. Anyway I was the only bidder and got it for cheap.

What will it take for me to complete it?

Attached Images    

Last edited by deckman; 02-20-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 AM
calcareer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deckman
Thanks for the replies. I knew the Sportec was very expensive and didn't sell well in the U.S. That explains easily why it isn't widely reviewed by 996TT owners.

There was a n incomplete unit for sale on eBay. I have a bad habit of rolling the dice on bargains when I come accross them. Most pan out, some don't. This one doesn't inlcude cats or pipes to them out of the muffler but otherwise looks like it's in very good condition. Anyway I was the only bidder and got it for $300.

What will it take for me to complete it?

It looks like you are missing the racing cats and the stainless steel mounting straps.

You got yourself a steal!

Good luck.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
To control the valves you can use 996 N/A's PSE wiring kit. You can get it from any Porsche parts dealer. A friend of mine bought his from Gert @ Carnewal. Includes all wires, switch, relay etc. While I installed my old M&M valved exhaust to his turbo, he did the wiring. One day job.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM
What do you suppose my options are for the cats? I'm afraid buying them from Sportec might cost as much as an entire system from one of the makers frequented here.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
To control the valves you can use 996 N/A's PSE wiring kit. You can get it from any Porsche parts dealer. A friend of mine bought his from Gert @ Carnewal. Includes all wires, switch, relay etc. While I installed my old M&M valved exhaust to his turbo, he did the wiring. One day job.
The exhaust just arrived and it's about perfect. It has to have less than 5k miles on it, probably less. Those valves on the second pipe concern me. I think they might default to the closed position and open when the engine is under load and a vacum is created. The 996 NA PSE valves default to open position. I guess I'll get an expert to figure that out.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Looks identical to the gen 1 9ff exhaust. (not surprising) I gave the gen 2 on my car.

Most of the pierburg valves default to the OPEN position. Application of vacuum will close the valves.

Makes sense for many reasons.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
I hope you are right! It's a Boysen valve.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:20 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Looks good, yes I think Sportec charge $1,000 for answering the telephone, they are not cheap

Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Just got the PSE wiring kit. Next stop will be a custom exhaust shop for cats and fabricating tubes for fitment. That will be the most expensive part of this project.

Last edited by deckman; 02-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Geo_first is infamous around these parts
sportec

I had one of these on a 01 996 turbo with x50 hybid turbos and it was awsome, It is actualy sitting on a shelf if anyone is interested, I used it for abour 500 miles and took the car off the street to build a track car. Make an offer, yes it was very $$ new but well built and sounds great.

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sportec exhaust