996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Boost drops from 1.1 to 0.6 at WOT in 6th gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
cosworth is infamous around these parts
I've tried to lower wastegate actuators rate (stock actuators)as MARKSKY said..but Nothing ..NO luck.
I' ve tried -1 mm on the actuators nuts..NO Luck , so -2 mm more (- 3 mm total) still NO luck..NOW my actuators are regulated as stock 30mm see this link http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...stments-2.html..BUT Boost is a little lower only in mid range and in lower gears (from 1.0/1.1 drops TO 0.9/1.0)BUT in 5th and 6th gear boost is still 1.1 and the problem is always the same: in 6th gear at 6400 rpms boost drops from 1.1 to 0.6 and remain at MAX 0.6 (limp mode) until i stop the car and turn off the key

Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
The strange thing is that boost drops ALWAYS at 6400 rpms (6th gear) exactly...

Old 01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cosworth
I' ve got an X50 with Cargraphic/Rs tuning exhaust and flash to 1.1 bar.
Car runs great in all conditions but i've a strange problem: When i push at WOT in 6th gear and when the car hits 6400 rpms and 190 Mph boost drops from 1.1 bar to 0.6/0.7...This is limp mode because when this happen the car only boost 0.6/0.7 in all gears until i stop the engineand turn the key off.
My tuner has replace N75 valve and set wastegate actuators properly but the problem is NOT resolve ?!?
The strange thing is that the car goes in LIMP mode always when it's at WOT at 6400 rpms /190 mph in 6th gear ..
NO CEL and NO codes...?!?
I had the same issue last year and changed the N75 valve along with doing a bunch of pressure tests, but had no luck. After I installed a brand new MAF, everything was back to normal.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
You should log request boost and boast pressure of sensor. See of the actual is higher then requested

Old 01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
The ecu use speed vrs rpm to calculate what gear you are in (thats how 1st is limited) If it is only in 6th it just maybe as simple as the tuner left some stock limits in place. One sure way to do that is to data log and run it on a dyno. If not you can just keep guessing away you may or may not fix/find it. GL

Old 01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by 996Carrera
I had the same issue last year and changed the N75 valve along with doing a bunch of pressure tests, but had no luck. After I installed a brand new MAF, everything was back to normal.
Hi . i' ve decided to follow your suggestion and i already have bought a new MAF on ebay...i'm waiting for delivery of it and then i'll try to replace it with the new one...I REALLY hope to have luck and resplve this problem..
Just a question: How do you have understand that was time to replace your MAF to resolve the problem ? ..At How many miles did you replace it ?..and did you use oiled air filter when your prevous MAF has failed ?
Onestly my MAF seems work well ..my car has 40K miles and i've never used oiled air filter ..BUT for only $ 250 i think that to try to replace it is a good job in any case..
I will let YOU know if the new MAF solve the problem of boost as in your case
Sorry for my english

Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hey I am not as knowledgeable as the above guys ..I would think it has to do with something on how your ECU is programed considering what you are saying ...Good Luck

Old 01-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hey I am not as knowledgeable as the above guys ..I would think it has to do with something on how your ECU is programed considering what you are saying ...Good Luck
Thanks John ...i also thought this BUT my tuner has already checked the ECU map two times and he says that it is allright so he hypothesizes the problem is some failing sensor like MAF or O2 sensors But NOT having error codes he says that we must do attempts ..
as the flash file is from Rs Tuning /Cargraphic that is a reputable company, before to go to another tuner i'll try with this new MAF hoping to solve this annoying problem

Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
Hi . i' ve decided to follow your suggestion and i already have bought a new MAF on ebay...i'm waiting for delivery of it and then i'll try to replace it with the new one...I REALLY hope to have luck and resplve this problem..
Just a question: How do you have understand that was time to replace your MAF to resolve the problem ? ..At How many miles did you replace it ?..and did you use oiled air filter when your prevous MAF has failed ?
Onestly my MAF seems work well ..my car has 40K miles and i've never used oiled air filter ..BUT for only $ 250 i think that to try to replace it is a good job in any case..
I will let YOU know if the new MAF solve the problem of boost as in your case
Sorry for my english
My car developed the problem at 30K and I have had a BMC oiled filter since the car was new. I also thought the ECU was the problem first but I had it tested as well before I installed a new MAF. The car has since been perfect for 7K but now I have to replace my original cracked 996 ignition coils and spark plugs since I got a CEL. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks John ...i also thought this BUT my tuner has already checked the ECU map two times and he says that it is allright so he hypothesizes the problem is some failing sensor like MAF or O2 sensors But NOT having error codes he says that we must do attempts ..
as the flash file is from Rs Tuning /Cargraphic that is a reputable company, before to go to another tuner i'll try with this new MAF hoping to solve this annoying problem
I haven't followed this thread closely but have you data logged the run? you may want to invest in a durametric cable.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I haven't followed this thread closely but have you data logged the run? you may want to invest in a durametric cable.
markski
Mark, There is a saying that fits this thread. It contains horses and water..

Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
lol

Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
.........??????????? ..."Horses and water" ? I don't understand what you mean ....."Cavalli e acqua" ??

Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM
pwarnery is infamous around these parts
Uno puo portare un cavallo al'aqua, pero uno non puo far bere il cavallo se non vuole.

Sara perche ti hanno detto di comprare un cavo Durametric e di registrare cosa succede con il motore quando ti casca la pressione in sesta.

Io lo facio ed e molto interessante vedere i dati. Tante volte uno puo scovare quel che non funziona. Ciao.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by pwarnery
Uno puo portare un cavallo al'aqua, pero uno non puo far bere il cavallo se non vuole.

Sara perche ti hanno detto di comprare un cavo Durametric e di registrare cosa succede con il motore quando ti casca la pressione in sesta.

Io lo facio ed e molto interessante vedere i dati. Tante volte uno puo scovare quel che non funziona. Ciao.
Thanks Pwarnery ..now i understand well ..and my compliments for your italian...it's sure very better than my english