996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Window not coming down when I open the door??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
appreciate it guys. reps for everyone. now to spend some money

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Update, problem fixed if this is your issue as well replacing the door latch mechanism will be your answer.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
innisdb is infamous around these parts
im always late damn it, i have a brand new door lock assembly because i had this problem but for me it was the regulators so i couldve gave you a good deal on the door lock

Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry innis, but I'm glad you figured out your issue as well.
By the way to anybody looking at this there are different part numbers between left and right side.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
bhkb is infamous around these parts
Stupid question...but are the L or R door latches interchangeable? Like if I purchased a right door one can I use it for the left door?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Don't think so as they have different numbers.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Bump to help someone with similar issue.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i had the exact same issue and replaced the microswitch. still had a drop issue. installed a used but warrenty door latch and it fixed it. then the door wouldnt lock!! replaced it with a new latch and everything works like a charm!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM
bullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud ofbullittandy has much to be proud of
I fixed this on my old 996 by cleaning the latch with electrical parts cleaner. Try this first as its easy and almost free. Fix lasted for over a year til I sold the car.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:07 AM
cargen is infamous around these parts
Sorry to bring back such an old thread but I have a quick question for those familiar with the microswitches in the doors;

I'm also suffering from the window drop function not working on the passenger side door.
If I pull on the door handle just a tiny bit to engage the microswitch but not quite opening the door, the drop does not happen(for both the inside/outside handles).
When I open the passenger door completely, the car cannot detect that it's open(none of the dome lights come on).

Would I be fine replacing just the latch to resolve this issue? Or would I also need to replace the microswitches for both the inside and outside door handles as well?
Any tips/advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-17-2022, 12:00 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The door latch assembly comes with the micro switches. Weird that you had both micro switches fail at the same time though - I would check to make sure the connector is properly seated into the latch assembly.

Old 01-22-2022, 02:26 PM
cargen is infamous around these parts
I think you're right; some sort of a connection issue. I took the car out for a drive and the drop function came back for a while, until I got back home and then kaput again. I'll take the door panel off and inspect that everything is seated correctly. Really hope that it is a connection issue; then it should be a simple fix!

Old 01-22-2022, 08:05 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The play when the rubber is worn on the micro switch is critical. You are probably right on the borderline. Even a piece of electrical tape over the switch will fix it for a while.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:57 PM
BMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearhead
Update, problem fixed if this is your issue as well replacing the door latch mechanism will be your answer.
Glad you got it fixed. I had same issue, started w/ microswitch but it ended up being a stretched cable. Not a difficult job.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:52 PM
Precise_10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
It will be one of two things:

1) The microswitch in the door lock
2) The regulator will have a stretched cable.

Does the motor work/sound when you pull the handle for the door convenience opening? If not it will be the switch. There are a few DIYs on the net for it.
Yes it does make all the sounds when I press the unlock button on key fob and also the unlock button In the car.