996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A Few More Pictures with the New Camera………………⠀¦

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Shaun,
I would buy that radio your linked to just because of how cool it looks!! LOL!!
Seriously though, tell me more about it.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:19 AM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Ken,

How much memory does your computer have to be saving these? Isnt each pic like 50mb or something ludicrous?

Just wondering how that works..or do you only download a very few of them off your camera?

Old 05-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
lovely electronic suite!

Old 05-14-2005, 05:40 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken, Very nice! I think you need to clean the lens though. It looks to me like there must be a big smudge of dirt on the outside of the lens and that is what is blocking the color on the backgrounds.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:47 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
And here I thought I was simply color blind!

Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful shots Ken. Your pictures look simply amazing.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:56 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
something is wrong with the color film...

nice pix!

Old 05-14-2005, 02:31 PM
cab4kw is infamous around these parts
Love the pictures, I am putting your first picture on my powerbook's background.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
Shaun,
I would buy that radio your linked to just because of how cool it looks!! LOL!!
Seriously though, tell me more about it.
It's a great all around compact setup that covers most of the bands you'd probably want to use in day to day monitoring and communications with friends/ co-workers etc... In your case since you already have a great scanner it would complement that even better instead of switching between freq's you want to listen in on and talk on with the same unit. The majority of the controls are the on handset/mic which makes it pretty easy to use while driving. The brain can be located under the seat or dash and it comes with a small remote display thats perfect for hiding for the low key look that you have mastered so well ...
And I know since I have seen that photo many times, but I did not realize that was you lol

2 of my friends have the older unit, the 207H and I do know they made some changes, but I have not had time to investigate how noteworthy they are. Ham Radio Outlet is the local shop in san jose that many local enthusiasts visit for great deals and to try out the equipment on display so I will definitely be down there sometime in the next few weeks when I have some time to try out the new unit. I don't believe you can find the old unit anymore, but regardless its the same price point as the new one.

The next model up has the ability to function as a repeater station, but for now I don't think I need that capability while i'm learning, although it would come in handy during backwoods hikes or mtn bike rides to reach help far away if there is no cell service nearby. I'll post some pics and a review as soon as I get a chance to pick it up and do the install

Old 05-15-2005, 12:26 AM
6spd, 2wheels, 600cc x2
Thundarr is infamous around these parts
I have the 207H, had it mounted in my Mustang, then th Exploder i drove, and after 2 years I havent mounted it in my Nissan truck. Then again I dont have my license for broadcasting so its not such a big deal.

The mod involved removing the solder from a few points on the inside of the radio. The functions it opens up are very noteworthy and useful but Im not going to go into them at length. I have to dig deep in my pc backups to find the links for the sites that showed how to mod em.

Wow, repeater station on the model up? thats nuts. Im guessing thats the same thing as what the advanced mobiles I looked at have, which is cross-band repeat. The input of one band gets tossed out the output of your other band. Our friend Dave (also has a 207H) explained it to be that its good for using your vehicle as a repeater so if you have a handheld radio, you hit your vehicle, which keys up the actual repeater, talks out on that public frequency and vice versa.

Thats probly WAY confusing if youre not into HAM but if you are, its pretty cool.

some other time ill put up links to the ham & cb gear i own, too tired right now

Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Wow. Now I'm thoroughly confused! Can someone please just let us non-HAM folks know what this is all about. Aside from my V1 and Magellan 700, I'm not too savvy. Does all that stuff help you get some early info regarding speed traps? Or is it just a way to join another community of HAM people?

Old 05-15-2005, 05:43 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dave
Wow. Now I'm thoroughly confused! Can someone please just let us non-HAM folks know what this is all about. Aside from my V1 and Magellan 700, I'm not too savvy. Does all that stuff help you get some early info regarding speed traps? Or is it just a way to join another community of HAM people?
honestly you pretty much hit the nail on the head there

...actually the best way to learn is to have licensed buddy give you a hands on demo of the functions in person.

Last edited by eshaun; 05-15-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Radio install ?

Hi KPV
I'd be interested in knowing what type of antenna's you have on your rear window.

Been looking for something suitable for my 911 for some time.

Great pictures !

Tnx Tim KT6UK

Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Ken,
How 'bout sharing brother? I'd like to know more about HAMing it. Next time there is a get together, maybe you could show me what this is all about.

Dave

Old 05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
KPV
Dave,
Shaun is into that. I only have a CB and a scanner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Few More Pictures with the New Camera………………⠀¦