996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Project 996TT 684rwhp w/730+lbstorq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Remember, once you get into the Meth world there is no coming back!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Remember, once you get into the Meth world there is no coming back!
From what I heard and seen thats true to a certain point,,,,Unless you drop the big bucks for big turbos and the all the supporting mods for them...The meth seems to be the best bang for the buck with these modest type mods....

Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Yes, i have all stock internals for now!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
it makes a ton of difference, IMO, you get colder air intake thus keeping the engine temp low and octane boost giving you 11.8AFR at 26PSI. Now I obviously will not run the car at that high of boost on a regular basis, but even at 21PSI 651rwhp and 700FlLb+ would kill alot of cars out there.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orbelo
it makes a ton of difference, IMO, you get colder air intake thus keeping the engine temp low and octane boost giving you 11.8AFR at 26PSI. Now I obviously will not run the car at that high of boost on a regular basis, but even at 21PSI 651rwhp and 700FlLb+ would kill alot of cars out there.
Yes,You are right...But thats what your meth is doing keeping it cool also.So,if anyone uses meth they will be be cooler...lol...

Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VEGAS BAIL
Im alittle confused, i pretty much have the same set up, without the Meth, is that a big difference and is it a easy mod to do.....
Do you have a blow thru with the big intercoolers? open exhaust?
Its comes down to boost... 21 psi is 1.45 bar and about where that car should stay at even on race gas . Tial 3076s with same options and boost will run 700whp... But 26 psi( just my opinion) is very risky and I would not let my clients run that much boost... thats 1.8 bar. I doubt the owner will run that much boost anyways...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
What up Markski... Yes I would not run that boost on the street too risky as he said. max I would do once in a while maybe 23-24PSI, it would have to be one fast car next to me... for that HKS to up

Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
What up Markski... Yes I would not run that boost on the street too risky as he said. max I would do once in a while maybe 23-24PSI, it would have to be one fast car next to me... for that HKS to up
just be careful... don't push it too much...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Hey Orbel!
Glad you show what these turbos can really do! Wouldnt be surprised if you got over 700whp on a Mustang...
Looking forward to how you do at that airstrip!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Hey Orbel!
Glad you show what these turbos can really do! Wouldnt be surprised if you got over 700whp on a Mustang...
Yeah I was talking to Todd at Proto and he said it would be put down 725+ on his dyno. Looking forward to the airstrip with the boys, should be alot of fun. Some more pictures coming

Attached Images     
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah I was talking to Todd at Proto and he said it would be put down 725+ on his dyno. Looking forward to the airstrip with the boys, should be alot of fun. Some more pictures coming
some more interior

Attached Images     
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
Yes, running Straight pipes, bigger intercoolers. 1.6bar .... Should i get any kind of updates on my tune or do they pretty much stay accurate... Anyone know anyone good to tune my car in Vegas ?????/

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Its comes down to boost... 21 psi is 1.45 bar and about where that car should stay at even on race gas . Tial 3076s with same options and boost will run 700whp... But 26 psi( just my opinion) is very risky and I would not let my clients run that much boost... thats 1.8 bar. I doubt the owner will run that much boost anyways...
markski

Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
who's tune is on your car now?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
Evoms

Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Yes, i have all stock internals for now!
thats ballsy - be careful.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
markski
yah agreed, 1.8 is alot for stock rods. several people here who ventured into thos territories saw surprises when they opened their motors up to upgrade their rods. stock rods start deforming and getting stress cracks.

Originally Posted by MBailey
Hey Orbel!
over 700 on dynojet maybe, not over 700 on mustang. i am referring to a proper mustang not a "tweaked" mustang.

what did your card yno Mike?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 996TT 684rwhp w/730+lbstorq