996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Project 996TT 684rwhp w/730+lbstorq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
IPD Header Blankets

I have been contemplating getting header blankets for some time. Today I finally decided to pull the trigger and met with Turbo Mike at IPD. He installed some of his latest header blankets and OH MAN!!!! What a difference gentlemen. First off the boost response is much quicker than usual. Alpha 28 are pretty quick turbos but with these blankets they are even quicker. When the turbos initiate they come in very aggressive, with me and Mike in my car (total body weight of 440lbs) at 22lbs of boost I am break tires in second gear. When before with just me in the car I would have a real hard time breaking the Toyo R888. I can tell you the car is much more aggressive from initial all the way up top. Its now a constant violent pull not just initially. Hats off to IPD for coming up with such a great mod... If you're looking to get a better spool time and constant pull all around I would highly recommend these upgrades.

Attached Images    

Last edited by orbelo; 09-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i use a electric blankets from wal-mart!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mod mike
i use a electric blankets from wal-mart!
thats why your always behind, cause all those blankets do is warmup your headers with no response. whats up brotha... you coming out to play tomorrow?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
yeah, i'll be there!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That's awesome Orbel! I call him The Boostfather now!
must feel like a giant V8 now.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 AM
3.8L upgrade

just completed the bottom end of my motor and did the 3.8L upgrade while we were in there. The build comprised of the following:

custom Mahle 102mm Pistons- got them from TRE in San Fernando Valley, "Dave"(great guy and great price)
12mm custom ARP Studs -Precision Porsche Newport Beach
all new gaskets(TRE), lifters and lifter housing, bearing and timing chain - Sunset Porsche in Az
complete valve job by "D"
80lbs injector
rear wheel conversion with OS Giken LSD
Rebuilt transmission, 1st-3rd gear 997GT2, steel synchrod 4th-6th.
Engine was built by Ruben Morales out of Lomita CA.
Re-tuned the car to mafless tune - Protomotive ofcourse.

Motor is now built for 1000+rwhp, however still adjusting to the viciousness of the A28's with 3.8L. I am limited by the turbos in terms of rwhp, but for now its plenty to handle. I will post 60-130 when the weather is better.

Cheer!

Last edited by orbelo; 12-25-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Great car!!!

I am waiting to see 5 sec for the 60-130!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 07:14 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Just read this whole thread..this car should have..and probably was, in the 5's from the beginning of the thread!!! Nicely modded..looking forward to some real world numbers...

Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
You need at least HTA 35's now.

Originally Posted by orbelo
just completed the bottom end of my motor and did the 3.8L upgrade while we were in there. The build comprised of the following:

custom Mahle 102mm Pistons- got them from TRE in San Fernando Valley, "Dave"(great guy and great price)
12mm custom ARP Studs -Precision Porsche Newport Beach
all new gaskets(TRE), lifters and lifter housing, bearing and timing chain - Sunset Porsche in Az
complete valve job by "D"
80lbs injector
rear wheel conversion with OS Giken LSD
Rebuilt transmission, 1st-3rd gear 997GT2, steel synchrod 4th-6th.
Engine was built by Ruben Morales out of Lomita CA.
Re-tuned the car to mafless tune - Protomotive ofcourse.

Motor is now built for 1000+rwhp, however still adjusting to the viciousness of the A28's with 3.8L. I am limited by the turbos in terms of rwhp, but for now its plenty to handle. I will post 60-130 when the weather is better.

Cheer!

Old 12-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Just read this whole thread..this car should have..and probably was, in the 5's from the beginning of the thread!!! Nicely modded..looking forward to some real world numbers...
I know this car very well...I know also that the record with stock block and a28 is 5,45...
For me 5sec is a good time to start with the built motor

Old 12-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice Orbel!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys, yeah I am really excited to see what it can do. Man I must tell you though, these A28 are no joke. With only 22PSI I am breaking my R888 in 2nd and 3rd gear. Gonna wait a while before I climb the 1000rwhp mark. Merry Christmas all!

Last edited by MBailey; 12-25-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: error
Old 12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orbelo
Thanks guys, yeah I am really excited to see what it can do. Man I must tell you though, these A28 are no joke. With only 22PSI I am breaking my R888 in 2nd and 3rd gear. Gonna wait a while before I climb the 1000rwhp mark. Merry Christmas all!

Are you going to try for 1000whp with the A28s or get bigger turbos? I suspect you could get 800whp with the A28s but beyond that I have no idea. It is an intriguing idea!

Old 12-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Whats up Mike, no you can't possibly make that kind of power with A28, to get to 1000+ hta35's or something bigger. Just gonna max out the A28 with hopefully 800rwhp and enjoy it for now. Can't wait to see what 30PSI is going to look like with 28's.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Subscribed. Im in the same boat on a built motor with A28s using e85 and some fueling upgrades I hope to see the 750+whp number.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 996TT 684rwhp w/730+lbstorq