996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pumptech/Jitsu friendly tip vs 6spd continued

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Pumptech/Jitsu friendly tip vs 6spd continued

Continued from:* https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ston-help.html.

For any that care to join the ultimate 911TT debate!!! War or peace, republican or democrat, good vs evil......tiptronic vs 6spd!!!

Could care less if the debate carries over but we hijacked ajays thread so......

Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Its all good my friend, just some healthy testosterone driven car debate. I am right, of course but you know what, if the max mod bug really hits you (and I am pretty sure it will) and you build a tip that handles the power and beats my car, my hat will be off to you.

I noticed that bad 107 got on there and started name calling, pretty sad and uncalled for. BTW, be warned about him, my friends have seen him drive, and he is worse than my 4 year old. He can't even stay in his own lane. We like to do a lot of friendly roll ons here in Houston, and we are all sure not to invite him along, because he is a serious danger to everyone involved.

You on the other hand, are welcome. Paulie, Todd (BHT), Powell Ben (Moores, if he still has his car and others all like to do some friendly roll ons. A few years ago, a car w/ 800 whp could hang w/ the big dogs, but anymore you need 1k plus to play here in H town, so we just try and keep it fun and safe.

The Supra Nats are comming up, so you will get to see some of the amazing rides that will be there.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Hilarious! Bad107 not a bad guy. But il tell ya what! If his tip holds up then my hat is off to IPT cuz he runs 109 to get the mail!! I have no idea about the other and will leave that debate between you guys.

I'm glad that you can agree that I am right about the tip! I'm stock now but 20g and support is the plan.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pumptech
.... I'm stock now but 20g and support is the plan.
Put some 35s on it, then you can test your tippy out

Old 01-23-2012, 04:57 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
All this banter reminds me of the "Tease a Todd" days. We would ask Todd how his wife enjoyed grocery shopping in his chicktronic Porsche. Ah the good old days.

Pumptech just teach jitsu a lesson & whip him in a race,period. Then take him to the matt & put a good ole whipping on him.
I will handle all the side betting.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
Put some 35s on it, then you can test your tippy out
What 35's???? Some super swampers, maybe some boggers... Now you are talking the redneck Texan language.

"Welll weeee doggy, I'm a fixin to put a gun rack in the back winda of ma Pcar too."

Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
What 35's???? Some super swampers, maybe some boggers... Now you are talking the redneck Texan language.

"Welll weeee doggy, I'm a fixin to put a gun rack in the back winda of ma Pcar too."
He was talking about turbos. GT35's.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Well unfortunately I don't think I will be the test pilot for the 1000hp tip!! Just can't afford it! While I can bare the bolt ons and the tip build to get there, I can't afford the engine build too that likely comes with it. 6-700whp gonna be all I need. That being said, i will be building a motor in my spare time but don't want to be forced into it after my first week at higher levels.

And while I think the built tip will handle some real power my goals are not going to be doing a self funded study on the limits of the built tiptronic!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
A good set of reworked 30r's will beat almost anything the H-town crew will have for you. Unless you are running E85 or spraying it from a roll, 35's are almost pointless unless you built a dyno queen. They just feel so flat, the 30r car is usually more fun on the street.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
A good set of reworked 30r's will beat almost anything the H-town crew will have for you. Unless you are running E85 or spraying it from a roll, 35's are almost pointless unless you built a dyno queen. They just feel so flat, the 30r car is usually more fun on the street.
This is

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Todd knows what I am talking about...

Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
So much love in Houston! There is nothing going on in Nor Cal.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Touché good sir!

The GTX30 is a damn good turbo but for the power I wanted on race gas it was going to run out of steam. There is a clone of my motor basically in a 997 that made 1030 on Q16 and the power delivery and how it comes in is awesome. Like I said though for the power I want I needed bigger. 16X traps or bust! LOL!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Did I mention tiptronic sux!!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Powell
Touché good sir!

The GTX30 is a damn good turbo but for the power I wanted on race gas it was going to run out of steam. There is a clone of my motor basically in a 997 that made 1030 on Q16 and the power delivery and how it comes in is awesome. Like I said though for the power I want I needed bigger. 16X traps or bust! LOL!!!
Exactly! For the guys that want to drive their car on the street on pump gas (93 octane.. ) a turbo that lights at 5-6Krpm is not always practical. Some live with it, some don't, to each their own!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pumptech/Jitsu friendly tip vs 6spd continued