996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PBK exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
RS4Me is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up PBK exhaust

Below is my e-mail conversation with Ken at PBK.
I have a 2002 X50 that I purchased with a Tubi Style exhaust that was very loud with considerable drone all the time. I switched to Awe and still have loud drone. I have tinnitus so the drone had to go. I decided to try Ken's exhaust and wished I did this exhaust first. If anyone out there is looking for very little drone but still want an aggressive exhaust note I highly recommend Ken's exhaust.

Mark
I am so happy to hear you got it installed so quickly and that you are as excited about it as you are.
I firmly believe it is the best solution at any price, bar none.
I only wish more people would give it a fair shot.
Enjoy it in good health, and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Ken Gryder

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
----- Reply message -----
Date: Sat, Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm
Subject: PBK Exhaust
To: <ken
Ken.
I had made up my mind that if your exhaust didn’t work I was going to sell the X50. I wasn’t going to spend money on Europipe if I didn’t like your exhaust as this would have put me over 11K in exhausts and I did not see the value in that as I have an Audi RS4 to fall back on. Got the exhaust installed last night and I really couldn’t test it out in 25 mph rush hour traffic (you know what that is living in Houston). I drove all day today and I will describe your exhaust in three words. I LOVE IT. It is exactly as you described it. The little drone between 2-3 k range is nothing and I love the lower throat it generates. I haven’t had a chance to hear it from the outside but it did turn heads as I drove by our outdoor skate park and I was cruising not wot. I will report back once I get a chance to hear it from a drive by. The X50 gets to keep her home and the owner is happy again.
Thank you very much Ken.
Mark Woodworth

Call any time

PS.
I don’t post much on 6 speed but I’m on it a lot, that’s how I found you. When I get a chance I will post a very positive review of your PBK exhaust.

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 5:53 PM
To: mwoodworth
Subject: Re: PBK Exhaust

Mark
Please let me know when you get the exhaust installed and what you think about it.

-Ken

Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Cool, I haven't heard from good ol Ken in a while.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
very nice, how much louder over stock is it... sounds better? cost? thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
My business partner has an 03 x50 totally stock and inside the cabin he could not tell the difference. Windows down you can tell the exhaust note is lower than stock. Outside doing fly by wot it sounds very similar to the AWE exhaust which sounds mean. As far as price contact Ken. I believe he is still a sponsor on this great board and I believe you will be very pleased with the price. By the way, Ken gave me a money back guarantee.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Bocca.
To save you time.

ken@porschebyken.com

Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
thank you..

Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 AM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
I will add my testimonial to this as well. I purchased a SpeedTech 3" system from someone else on this board and it was just too loud for my taste. Great performance but not my cup of tea. I took a shot at the PBK and it was the perfect balance for me. Not as much power as a 100 cat system, but the sound is more aggressive and louder than stock, you can hear the turbos and there is minimal drone. Is there NO drone? I think that is an overstatement IMHO. But what drone there is, is more than tolerable and limited to the low to mid 2k range on my car. At 2800-3200 there is none which is where I cruise at. Great product. Great price and Ken is a pleasure to work with.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 AM
my car is a tiptronic... have switzer exhaust.. love the sound.. but very loud in the car and has drone issues... looking to avoid that issue...

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
Our 100 cell 2.5 system was built for this very reason. Sounds like that would be a better fit for what you were looking for. Enjoy the new system though.

Originally Posted by S4Drifter
I will add my testimonial to this as well. I purchased a SpeedTech 3" system from someone else on this board and it was just too loud for my taste. Great performance but not my cup of tea. I took a shot at the PBK and it was the perfect balance for me. Not as much power as a 100 cat system, but the sound is more aggressive and louder than stock, you can hear the turbos and there is minimal drone. Is there NO drone? I think that is an overstatement IMHO. But what drone there is, is more than tolerable and limited to the low to mid 2k range on my car. At 2800-3200 there is none which is where I cruise at. Great product. Great price and Ken is a pleasure to work with.

facebook
YouTube see our videos

www.speedtechexhausts.com
Email-Chad@speedtechexhausts.com