996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

**New Turbo setup complete- BIG thx to Sambo**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 AM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
**New Turbo setup complete- BIG thx to Sambo**

What can I say? The car feels reallllly strong as predicted! BIG THANKS TO SAM! Sambo really came through with all the goodies and his guys at speed gallery were able to complete my overhaul over the weekend. Here’s how the setup stacks up!

GIAC tune – w/ switcher (stock, tune, race & valet)
K16 Billets 48lb wheels w/ wastegates – I really like the quick spool
60 lb Siemen Injectors
Ported stock headers
GT2rs IC’s
Hitcahi MAF
Sachs Racing Clutch / stock FW – Didn’t want to mess w/ the LWFW chatter
GT2 sparks, New fuel filter etc.
997ssk

The car pulls reallllly hard. I think the WG’s need to be slightly tightened. I’m seeing 1.2 and occasionally 1.3 on pump. Once I get some new rear rubber (due to inner wheel premature wear) and a fresh alignment, I’d like to see what the car can do on the dyno…just for kicks and power curve reference. The cars first true performance test is coming up in February, where I’ll be racing the TT at the Runway shootout. I know I wont have the top end like some of the cars but I'll certainly be competitive. Check out the car list it has become impressive. I'll try and represent 6speed to best of my ability
http://shift-s3ctor.com/track-info/a...hootout-22512/

I have the car listed at 620 crank HP and my hope is to be running race gas and squeeze the power upwards of 660-680ish. What do you guys think??

Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roseylv
What can I say? The car feels reallllly strong as predicted! BIG THANKS TO SAM! Sambo really came through with all the goodies and his guys at speed gallery were able to complete my overhaul over the weekend. Here’s how the setup stacks up!

GIAC tune – w/ switcher (stock, tune, race & valet)
K16 Billets 48lb wheels w/ wastegates – I really like the quick spool
60 lb Siemen Injectors
Ported stock headers
GT2rs IC’s
Hitcahi MAF
Sachs Racing Clutch / stock FW – Didn’t want to mess w/ the LWFW chatter
GT2 sparks, New fuel filter etc.
997ssk

The car pulls reallllly hard. I think the WG’s need to be slightly tightened. I’m seeing 1.2 and occasionally 1.3 on pump. Once I get some new rear rubber (due to inner wheel premature wear) and a fresh alignment, I’d like to see what the car can do on the dyno…just for kicks and power curve reference. The cars first true performance test is coming up in February, where I’ll be racing the TT at the Runway shootout. I know I wont have the top end like some of the cars but I'll certainly be competitive. Check out the car list it has become impressive. I'll try and represent 6speed to best of my ability
http://shift-s3ctor.com/track-info/a...hootout-22512/

I have the car listed at 620 crank HP and my hope is to be running race gas and squeeze the power upwards of 660-680ish. What do you guys think??
nice job,

what lwfw chatter?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 AM
mike5876 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttpopo
nice job,

what lwfw chatter?
Light weight flywheel chatter

Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 AM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ttpopo
nice job,

what lwfw chatter?
I had considered doing a LWFW but I just couldn't justify the additional cost and I also didn't want to be stuck with any additional rattle. If I'm not mistaken you mentioned the noise was minimal for that first few weeks / month (of your UMW setup), then it got progressively louder.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roseylv
I had considered doing a LWFW but I just couldn't justify the additional cost and I also didn't want to be stuck with any additional rattle. If I'm not mistaken you mentioned the noise was minimal for that first few weeks / month (of your UMW setup), then it got progressively louder.
It got a bit louder yes, but it NEVER sounds broken. Just part of the high tech whirr going on back there.

I'm an amateur music producer so I really get into all facets of sound. So I'm acutely aware of all the different sounds my car makes. In fact, its interesting the different conditions that you hear the lwfw more/less (beyond the a/c, trans warm etc).

Its an easy choice if you had to pay more, but its a no brainer to get a lwfw when its less than replacing a worn OEM unit.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Can't wait till you really open her up!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
can't wait to get my car into you guys again. please don't make it any faster though. you've done enough

Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Tell me about it!
Every time i open her up the 405, I get scared of going to jail! I've pushed the car but I haven't really ripped through 2, 3, 4 at one shot. I have to figure out how I'm going to get my race gas to the runway shootout lol.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
can't wait to get my car into you guys again. please don't make it any faster though. you've done enough
For the record, Sam made my slippery slope as painless as possible. There were a lot of good options but at the end of the day, I went local!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
I hear ya. He'll also answer as many dumb questions as I throw at him. It's really important to have someone trustworthy to help those of us less knowledgeable sort through all the info since whatever we want to do, they've already done it.

And yeah, the 405 is scary no matter what these days...
But the 5 lane section of the "101" isn't called that for nothin'! Congrats on your upgrades!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
trbo4wd is a jewel in the roughtrbo4wd is a jewel in the roughtrbo4wd is a jewel in the roughtrbo4wd is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the upgrades. Keep us posted on your impressions and numbers once you have them.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Zmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to all
What kind of hp/price are we talking about with this 48lb wheel upgrade?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by trbo4wd
Congrats on the upgrades. Keep us posted on your impressions and numbers once you have them.
Thanks, and will do!

Originally Posted by Zmydust
What kind of hp/price are we talking about with this 48lb wheel upgrade?
The estimate with my supporting mods were in the 615-630 range on 91 pump @ 1.3 bar. I'll be happy with anything north of 650hp on race gas I'm not for certain but perhaps Sambo or the other experts can chime in. I'm curious to see how the car feels when I switch files and run 100 oct. Sam was probably right when he said that once you use race gas and then switch back to the 91 craptain the car will feel slow, lol.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 AM
how do your new turbos perform at higher engine rpms? do they fall off up top at all or get exponentially stronger?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Congrats! Sambo knows his $hit!

He's certainly never steered me wrong and knows these cars inside and out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **New Turbo setup complete- BIG thx to Sambo**