996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt with Switzer exhaust ( pics + videos )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM
jgood is infamous around these parts
I also have a tip and I was sold on the notion that the Switzer exhaust did not drone. Otherwise, I would have gone a different route.

Neil, no offense as I know you are highly regarded on this board and I have one of your kits on my car, but I was hoping your response included some input as to how we can correct this. I am a fan of your products because of the extensive on tiptronic cars.

I am not that interested in purchasing another exhaust, but have grown tired of your product.

Jeff

Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM
daytrip00 is infamous around these parts
Mine drones mildly... I rarely have it below 3000 rpm, though. I think any performance exhaust is going to drone a little bit. The switzer exhaust is pretty good. My girlfriend *HATES* getting into my S2000 that has a fairly loud exhaust that drones like crazy, but she doesn't really mind the porsche with the switzer exhaust... Until I put my foot down. The switzer L1 package is pretty amazing bang for the buck.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 AM
q8kamikaze is infamous around these parts
Great , that's what i want to hear about the L1 PKG

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Neil, I thought I previously stated that I have a Tip car. But the amount of drone from your exhaust is beyond tolerable.

Have you had any mufflers 'go bad'? The car runs great and sounds nice at WOT, but between 2-3K rpm's, I want to drive into a wall.

Some input from you would be very helpful.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I would also like to know if maybe there was a bad batch.. Mine is maybe 3 years old? not many miles on it but it does drone now, didn't when it was new... I know switzer makes great products.. I hope Neil will look into this for us

Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Jeff, are you running cats or test pipes with your exhaust?

Are you running our tune or someone else's?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Neil,

I am running the cats, although I did buy the straight pipes as well. The car was tuned by Tony at EPL.

Can you explain how a different tune will alter the drone?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
i've had mine for 2 years and have 10k miles on them ............. zero drone and the switzer exhaust was the best thing, next to my laser interceptor, that i bought for my car.

Last edited by dfwerdoc; 02-29-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 AM
I wish I could say the same, but the drone is so bad I am trying a different exhaust. I do not understand how there can be so much variation between units.

I was hoping that Neil would get more involved here and help his customers that are having issues with his product. Am I the only person with this view?

Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I am scratching my head as to why Neil Switzer is giving 'shout-out' today to his new customers, while there are people like myself who can't get a response explaining why his product has failed.

Am I wrong to feel that a sponsor on 6 speed should stand behind what they sell?

Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
I love the exhaust tips - can those be purchased separately?

Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jgood
Neil,

I am running the cats, although I did buy the straight pipes as well. The car was tuned by Tony at EPL.

Can you explain how a different tune will alter the drone?
Jeff - Certain tunes will run higher EGT's or be more on the edge, making the ECU retard timing therefore increasing EGT's. I am not sure what may be the issue with the packing material inside the system, however I have seen two or three of these destroy the packing material with a "hot" tune, anti-lag, fire, etc.

The quickest way to reach me is by email Jeff, I am not always on here and sometimes these posts get pushed back under my radar. Hit me up with an email and I will get this sorted out for you. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.