996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SPORTEC Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Hmmmm yes and not only is there a $55K bill for the engine but outside of that they did a few other things which could not be billed to the insurance co, for which they presented me with a bill for a whopping additional $7,500 ($2,750 for fuel mapping + ECU retune, this I had agreed too) it was the rest I objected too, when I simply refused to pay it as it was, noting it was rather outrageous, their previous rather freindly behaviour, became somewhat hostile.
I thought Tony was doing your tune? If so why the 2,750 for fuel mapping (which is tuning) + ECU retune?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Car does have a remote EPL Tune but even before the unfortunate engine incident it had been running too rich and I guess live tuning on a dyno certainly helps

Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
Switzerland has probably the highest labor cost in Europe. Everything is overpriced and overtaxed.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikegr
Switzerland has probably the highest labor cost in Europe. Everything is overpriced and overtaxed.
They also have one of the highest qualities of life as well. I have not seen many protests in CH recently. I guess you get what you pay for.

Yes, I'm Swiss so I may be biased

Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
$55,000 for a swiss is probably not as high, since their average income is relatively high then the rest of the world too, right ?

Last edited by quick; 02-03-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Car does have a remote EPL Tune but even before the unfortunate engine incident it had been running too rich and I guess live tuning on a dyno certainly helps
Can't EPL dial in your tune via Data logging in the real world versus spinning your car on the rollers? Kevin at UMW does it that way and it works like a charm. You do some pulls, email him the data, he tweaks your tune and emails you the update. Do that a once or twice and your set. Pretty simple....

Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
They also have one of the highest qualities of life as well. I have not seen many protests in CH recently. I guess you get what you pay for.

Well im just trying to explain why swiss products seems that expensive to people here

Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gunther

say what you want swiss or not, switzerland is still stupidly overpriced and way over taxed, highest quality of life.. meh... you can have the same if not better here in the u.s. with less money.

so yeah to a point your right on you get what you pay for ,but im just not dumb enough to over pay.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by unvmy996
so yeah to a point your right on you get what you pay for ,but im just not dumb enough to over pay.
+1, there is a limit

Old 02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Well, we are at where we are, the car was rich at low rpm and peaky at high rpm and I really didn't want to blow the motor up again after the last incident: More concerning to me is that, the car failed the Swiss MFK today (not sure whether this has anything to do with Sportec as I have a recorded voice tape from last Friday, where they threatened to call the MFK centre through their connections to note my car is illegal) if I didn't pay their rather exorbident bill, in full, in time before this test !

Last edited by RCH; 02-04-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Enrico is infamous around these parts
Well, we are at where we are, the car was rich at low rpm and peaky at high rpm and I really didn't want to blow the motor up again after the last incident: More concerning to me is that, the car failed the Swiss MFK today (not sure whether this has anything to do with Sportec as I have a recorded voice tape from last Friday where they threatened to call the MFK centre through their connections) if I didn't pay their rather exorbident bill, in full, in time before this test !
They did WHAT????
What was the reason for not passing the MFK?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
You are getting hosed. Sucks. I hope your car runs flawlessly.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 AM
RCH
Banned
Yep, and the law is Switzerland isn't exactly on the side of the customer here, I guess I wont be calling them again ..... but they obviously have so much business that they don't care

Last edited by RCH; 02-04-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Were there any special parts, fabrication required? IE GT3 heads an cams, Rods, 8,400 reline and 800+ HP? IMO a well built 8,000 + RPM turbo motor that lasts as stock is something special indeed. Would be street monster...

Just ask Markski. Given equal qear ratio, you're in 2nd at 6700 RPM and the GT3 hybrid is pushing first gear for another 1500+ RPM while you're in 2nd... repeat up the gear range and you will be a gear or two behing with car that pulverizes your acceleration times.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 AM
RCH
Banned
Rods & Cams

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPORTEC Pricing