996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

shout out to BBI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 AM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
shout out to BBI

I just wanted to express my appreciation in public to Betim and Joey at BBI. During my ownership on my 996, I have dealt with a number of vendors and shops (those who know me you know I don't air my dirty laundry in public).

But I must say I am impressed with Betim and Joey and how the run their business. I had an issue with my fuel system installed by another shop (dual intank pumps) where I would get excessively long crank times specially when the car was in operating temp range. I gave the original shop every opportunity to address the issue (car was shipped twice to them), but no go. I was told this is a how this setup operates.

I am an engineer, so I am sorry but I did not buy that answer, so based on a commendation from friend of mine, David (who is also a member here), I drove the car up from San Diego to BBI for a simple inspection. One thing I noticed about Betim and Joey right away is they are relentless in their work. Betim told me he has a solution for my setup. So I left the car and he did his work. First try I got unlucky because we had a leaky fitting (Hi Joey). But good things come to those who wait. CAR STARTS LIKE CHARM. No more 10 seconds cranks.

On top of this, when I noticed the problem with start, BBI took the car back and track the problem, additionally fixed a boost issue I had at NO CHARGE. Those who know me know that I am more than glad to pay for my experiments, but Betim and Joey got a customer for life for the way they treat me and my family at the shop.

All I am saying is that if you are is So-Cal area give these guys a chance and you won't regret it. As for me, Joey owes me a work on my suspension next as I am working on the wife's OK.

Cheers,
-Arman

Old 02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear you got everything sorted out The fuel lines you were using look exactly like the ones under my sink ... Although you can't see them the new ones are similar to the ones used in F1 cars.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SSMugen
Great to hear you got everything sorted out The fuel lines you were using look exactly like the ones under my sink ... Although you can't see them the new ones are similar to the ones used in F1 cars.
David,
the start up is amazing and smooth. No more embarrassing 10 second start ups. BTW, managed to shatter my left ankle, a surgery an 9 screws and a plate later, I am still standing just can not drive a stick yet.

Cheers,

Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
It's always refreshing to see threads like this. Nice!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
Lets not forget all of the awesome parts they make LOL!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Colt45ccg
Lets not forget all of the awesome parts they make LOL!
I am still trying to convince the wife I should get a Bbi exhaust for how it sounds vs. my current FabSpeed,

Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Please post details on your fuel setup. thank you!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by bad107
Please post details on your fuel setup. thank you!
It is a dual in-tank Bosch fuel pumps with upgraded fuel lines thru the car. It was originally installed by EVOMS. They refer to this as Frank-Fuel System. The problem with it as I saw it and others can also confirm is that when the car was left for couple of hours, it would take a good 8 to 10 seconds to build pressure and catch. It was just embarrassing, I would park my car at my work in the morning and at lunch time it would take 10 secs to start...

It never failed to start, it was just not operating what I would say is reasonably. So after a brief inspection by Bbi, it was determined that the system is lacking check-valves on the return lines for each pump. This was addressed and along the way Bbi found a leaky connector which was replaced. Now the car operates like OEM (as it should have to begin with).

Hope this helps.