996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car dumped hydraulic fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Autobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to behold
Car dumped hydraulic fluid

While driving my car today the clutch pedal got very heavy and I lost the power steering as well. The car dumped fluids, which seems to be pentosin as I checked the level and it was very low. A few days before the incidence I had the clutch accumulator replaced. Is the hydraulic fluids incidence likely related to the accumulator replacement or is it just a coincidence?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
It is most likely related. Can you see if it is coming from the engine bay or the transmission area? If from the transmission area, it is likely maintenance related.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed

Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Autobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to behold
I looked at it from the rear and it was pretty much all wet. I didn't verify to see if it was coming from the transmission or the engine. It is too late now as I had the tow truck drop it of at the garage. Let's hope they are being honest about it...

Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
this exact issue happened to me after a clutch replacement and accum replacement. the culprit was a loose accumulator fitting.

they were stand up about it too!

Last edited by ttpopo; 02-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Quick update:
It turned out to be a torn o-ring. The shop replaced the accumulator again as I was told that the o-ring is a non serviceable item. I had it back for a while now and so far so good...

Old 03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
And996tt has a spectacular aura aboutAnd996tt has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you were lucky it didn't catch fire, that fluid is very flammable