996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Alternative sources for X73 suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
If dd and unless most of your driving is on really smooth roads I would advise against stiffer springs. Pss10s on standard springs are quite harsh over poor surface already.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
With all the revalving/shipping/spring costs for the PSS10's.... I think I'm just gonna go with a set of the KW V3s. Go ahead and tell me 'I told you so' Blockhed!!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
One day you'll listen , young buck

Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I got mine from FVD. As mentioned there are Ruf versions and regular PSS9s and Pss10s. They should all be a complete bolt in affair. Don't lower it more than 1" over stock and you will be fine.

The FVD version has always been rumored to come with slightly stiffer springs which should help controlling bottoming a bit better when lowering.

Mine were installed at Speed Gallery.

Rhonda at FVD has always provided me with fantastic before and after care. I bought a steering wheel from them that had some paint bubbling after 18 months (not FVD's fault at all). Rhonda went to bat for me got the manufacturer to replace it. Great customer service.

Originally Posted by uschoice
Ari- where did you get your PSS9's from and who installed them? Nothing else needed, just bolt them on and go?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
So TRG drop links are backordered.

Do you guys think I'll need adjustable drop links with the KW V3s and GMG F&R Swaybars? GMG's website says no, but my tech thinks yes.

Henry

Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
KW's come with drop links of their own for the front, the rears I did tarrett and had zero issues. Get some rear toe links with locking plates and then you're done
FYI RSS sells front top mounts for the V3's and they are schweeeet

Old 02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Blockhed
KW's come with drop links of their own for the front, the rears I did tarrett and had zero issues. Get some rear toe links with locking plates and then you're done
FYI RSS sells front top mounts for the V3's and they are schweeeet
Perfect. Where are you getting these secret top mounts?? Not on RSS's site that I can find.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Call rssand talk to.mike.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Call rssand talk to.mike.
Yup... and ordered a bunch of stuff . Great guys.

They're top mounts aren't camber adjustable so I'd need to get the lower control arms to dial that around. At this point I'm just gonna get it to the suspension shop and see what I'm missing after they're fiddling with it.

Thanks again for the tips!
Henry

Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Hmm actually they are like the rsr plates where you rotate them one way or another to create camber
It's funny how you didn't buy my car but you've got most of my mods so far ... FAIL

Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Hmm actually they are like the rsr plates where you rotate them one way or another to create camber
It's funny how you didn't buy my car but you've got most of my mods so far ... FAIL
Yes, I know I know -- I shoulda just wrapped it white and saved so much $$$

Weird. Mike didn't think they did camber at all. I'll send an email and double check.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
LOL jackass. As far as the plates it was my understanding that they made them like the gtr rsr plates I believe where the way you install them it can be one camber setting and if you rotate it certain way it can be another. Regardless suspension is sweet

Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
LOL jackass. As far as the plates it was my understanding that they made them like the gtr rsr plates I believe where the way you install them it can be one camber setting and if you rotate it certain way it can be another. Regardless suspension is sweet
You track it yet? I'm really looking forward to it.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
The Kid is infamous around these parts
As Im sure Im not the only one hunting but if anyone hears of one available, shoot me a line. Im only looking for BNIB but might even throw a gift card finders reward along your way!

I know I could get the PSS set up but Im wacky and only like to stick with Porsche parts.