996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bay Area photo shoot & dinner this Sunday - anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 12:36 AM
CAP
CAP is infamous around these parts
Count me in as well!

Old 05-21-2005, 02:58 AM
6spd, 2wheels, 600cc x2
Thundarr is infamous around these parts
werd.

I plan to be out there too on Sunday with Shaun helping coordinate the shoot and snapping test shots with the point-n-shoot. Ive only met a few of you (sharky, go wide, Robyn ...) but Im a longtime friend of Shaun and I helped on his early shoots, like before RobynC did all her mods. (I need another ride in that car now with susp. and SC )

Havent decided yet, but hopefully be out there on my 03 Yamaha R6 or my 97 sportbike.

Of course keeping safety in mind for anyone, if anyones down to see how their car stacks up straightline against a pretty much stock 600cc bike, Im up for the challenge! If i do bring the R6 shell be cleaned up and could be used in some intersting ways for the shots if anyone wants. The older bike isnt quite as hot looking

Shaun's handywork

I have to get some people at the airport at 2:30p but I can make it out there about 3:15 or so.

I LOVE SUSHI / JAPANESE FOOD. Im so down for it, eventho im unemployed and broke! :

C y'all sunday!

Old 05-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Vrrrroooooomm
GT-Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
As long as you promise NOT to eat my food this time Luis.

La mamma ha usato dire: "Mangia gli blow fisho di tuo fratello mio figlio, capisc"...

Old 05-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Vrrrroooooomm
Originally posted by eshaun
awesome Luis, great that you can make it...we will leave from Bayhill around 2pm and meet you guys coming from the east bay right in front of that Jet at 2:45!

anyone who isnt meeting with us at Bayhill just punch this address into yahoo maps

2301 Monarch St, Alameda, CA 94501-7509

so those who've responded so far...

Meeting at Alameda:
RobynC
GT-Racer

Meeting at Bayhill:
Redlinerobert
fredttx50
bpanos
icerbofh
djantlive
junior
GoWide
eshaun
I'll see you guys at Bayhill. Me need Jamba...

Old 05-21-2005, 04:15 AM
tri7even is infamous around these parts
hey thundarr are you on BARFs? clean bike, i like the yosh tri-oval. you need a fender eliminator kit though

Old 05-21-2005, 04:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
*****... the 996TT is in Arizona with ma' EVO bruthers... Just tonight the EVO VIII's started whinning like a puny dog so the transfer case is going out, Phat 928 is sold and my wife won't let me drive her XJR anymore (due to the burnout videos/photos) so basically I'm car-less.

Time to troll Ebay for the best $500 car...

Old 05-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Vrrrroooooomm
Originally posted by sharkster
*****... the 996TT is in Arizona with ma' EVO bruthers... Just tonight the EVO VIII's started whinning like a puny dog so the transfer case is going out, Phat 928 is sold and my wife won't let me drive her XJR anymore (due to the burnout videos/photos) so basically I'm car-less.

Time to troll Ebay for the best $500 car...
C'mon dood... ask Robert if you can borrow his yellow pinto and we'll do some donuts or somethin'...

Old 05-21-2005, 09:14 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
found a beater for u sharky, only $5k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WD6V

but ill add ya to the list anyways

Meeting at Alameda:
RobynC

Meeting at Bayhill:
GT-Racer
Redlinerobert
fredttx50
bpanos
icerbofh
djantlive
junior
CAP
GoWide
eshaun
thundarr
collin996tt & sharkster as copilot

Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Get this!

new car

Old 05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
6spd, 2wheels, 600cc x2
Thundarr is infamous around these parts
motorcycles

Originally posted by tri7even
hey thundarr are you on BARFs? clean bike, i like the yosh tri-oval. you need a fender eliminator kit though
Yes, ive been on BARF a while now, but Im not super active. Its been a great place to meet people, and I owe the fact that I had the ***** to go out on the track to some of the guys on there.

When i bought the bike in Jan (nice deal off craiglist) it was almost perfect cept the stock can had rubbed up against some stuff giving it that look of swirled steel, like inside elevators.

Anyway, a friend of mine was selling an almost identical R6 and didnt want to let it go w/ the mods, so I snagged the pipe off of him for a good deal + my stock can. I COULD have had his fender kit, and nice led metal short stalks, but anything I snagged off the bike, i would have had to replace w/ my stock parts, of which I only had the can

There are some really cool kits out, like the ones from VFX but theyre WAY overpriced IMO. I dig the brake light / signal integrator, but again, its pretty damn exp even w/ the core return.

Do you ride tri7even ?

Old 05-22-2005, 02:08 AM
kev993tt is infamous around these parts
I might as well stop in since i live in alameda :P

Old 05-22-2005, 02:09 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Damn now I wish I could make it

Kev993TT you should come to the track even on July 1st!

Old 05-22-2005, 11:03 AM
tri7even is infamous around these parts
thudarr - yes I do ride, been riding for quite awhile now. I just got back on my bike this summer recovering from a head on collision with a semi truck. It's all part of the gamble I guess. If you have some tools at home, you can easily make your own fender eliminator and it'll look just as clean. Also, you going to be at Laguna Seca for MotoGP? I already have my flight booked and tickets purchased, it's going to be one hell of a race!

Old 05-22-2005, 11:52 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Just roll with someone, it'll be fun even without a car.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:16 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts

Just roll with the R6
Or use kirby's car...

I can't make it. Got flat tire late last nite coming back from the city

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bay Area photo shoot & dinner this Sunday - anyone interested?