996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

going from MBC to EBC (boost controllers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
going from MBC to EBC (boost controllers)

so i have in place a manual boost controller right now. it came like that from the previous owner. when i get a retune, Todd k has recommended that i get a Greddy EBC unit. now, the question is, how easy or difficult will it be to go from an MBC to an EBC...??? is it as simple as pulling the lines off the MBC and puting them on the EBC, then getting an electrical feed from somewhere and mounting in car and calling it good? any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated
thanx
-Tony

Old 02-11-2012, 07:20 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
When I installed mine, T-ing off the FPR line was the hardest part - had my mechanic do that. Then running the hoses under the car and up into the rear center console wasn't that bad. I dropped the drive shaft to get more room. Then there is a plug that leads up to the interior from the shaft tunnel.

I then used the electric from the window switches and put the Greddy in my rear center console for now.

You may already have a T off the FPR. If so, not that bad to do the rest IMO. Just have lots of small zip ties to hold the lines up when you feed them under the car, etc.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by raineycd
When I installed mine, T-ing off the FPR line was the hardest part - had my mechanic do that. Then running the hoses under the car and up into the rear center console wasn't that bad. I dropped the drive shaft to get more room. Then there is a plug that leads up to the interior from the shaft tunnel.

I then used the electric from the window switches and put the Greddy in my rear center console for now.

You may already have a T off the FPR. If so, not that bad to do the rest IMO. Just have lots of small zip ties to hold the lines up when you feed them under the car, etc.
thanx for the tip! hopefully everything will be straight forward