996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT K24/18G fuel Support - exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
996TT K24/18G fuel Support - exhaust

hello speeders ,

one of my friends is running k24/18g with stock fuel system ,he is ran out of fuel if we get more than 1bar of boost ,
i would like to get bigger injectors and UPGRADED FR !!

so what do you suggest ? and whas your recommendations ?? he just looking to get 600whp only , it is just safe to run enough fuel !

something else what is the best exhaust to fit the k24 and has aggrasive sound in WOT ?

thanks in advance ,

Yousef

Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
My understanding is injectors OR a 5bar FPR. Not both... But I could be wrong...

Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
5 bar or injectors.. that's easy...
Exhaust? well you have many options...we some high quality hand made in house exhausts...
best
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ysfg35
hello speeders ,

one of my friends is running k24/18g with stock fuel system ,he is ran out of fuel if we get more than 1bar of boost ,
i would like to get bigger injectors and UPGRADED FR !!

so what do you suggest ? and whas your recommendations ?? he just looking to get 600whp only , it is just safe to run enough fuel !

something else what is the best exhaust to fit the k24 and has aggrasive sound in WOT ?

thanks in advance ,

Yousef
HEY,What kind of a tune with K24/18gs would work with out a fuel enrichment to begin with??..Or who would take the chance to do that...I dont know everything but all the tunes I know of need a 5 bar or injectors...I have injectors and when I went to a better exhaust I needed an extra fuel pump also...I would think he was lucky not to hurt his motor because he was smart enough to run low boost.He really never used those turbos to get what they had......Good Luck..

Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
With a 5 bar fpr I was told that you are good to 1.1 boost on 18g's at 1.2 your running out of fuel then. I wouldn't run more than .9 on a stock fuel system. If your trying to achieve 600 whp your not going to do it with a 5 bar fpr. But for a quick fix in the meantime get a 5 bar in there ASAP! I would go with 72lb Bosch ev14 fuel injectors with the stock 3.8 fpr. You'll probably need a second or larger fuel pump to get to the 600 whp range. Tell your friend to talk to his tuner and he will suggest the best option for him. A setup like johnspeeds should get you there with a catless exhaust and 100+ octane gas. I almost have the same setup minus the extra fuel pump and other odds and ends johns got. I think he's near or above 600whp on pump gas. Good luck!

Last edited by TTurbRon; 02-12-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
With a 5 bar fpr I was told that you are good to 1.1 boost on 18g's at 1.2 your running out of fuel then. I wouldn't run more than .9 on a stock fuel system. If your trying to achieve 600 whp your not going to do it with a 5 bar fpr. But for a quick fix in the meantime get a 5 bar in there ASAP! I would go with 72lb Bosch ev14 fuel injectors with the stock 3.8 fpr. You'll probably need a second or larger fuel pump to get to the 600 whp range. Tell your friend to talk to his tuner and he will suggest the best option for him. A setup like johnspeeds should get you there with a catless exhaust and 100+ octane gas. I almost have the same setup - the extra fuel pump johns got. I think he's near 600whp on pump gas. Good luck!
HI,,Look at my signature for my mods....I run 1.3 with peak 1.4 in higher gears.
Now my next thing, I am going to try on the dyno,to see if it helps,A 74mm throttle body and a Protomotive modified stock Y-pipe that matches up to the TB...

Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,,Look at my signature for my mods....I run 1.3 with peak 1.4 in higher gears.
Now my next thing, I am going to try on the dyno,to see if it helps,A 74mm throttle body and a Protomotive modified stock Y-pipe that matches up to the TB...
Hey John,

What boost/HP levels did you run out of fuel at? I'm worried I'll experience the same fate here soon.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by vr4henry
Hey John,

What boost/HP levels did you run out of fuel at? I'm worried I'll experience the same fate here soon.
Hey,Do you mean when I had to go to the extra 044 fuel pump??

Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Hey,Do you mean when I had to go to the extra 044 fuel pump??
Yep!
Also -- how did you notice lack of fuel? Fuel trims start creeping higher than .83 in the logs?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Yep!
Also -- how did you notice lack of fuel? Fuel trims start creeping higher than .83 in the logs?
In case I replied too fast for you to notice, John

Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Yep!
HI,When my car was being data logged on the dyno,,, The A/R was lean but my 72 injectors were not near their max duty cycle..So,we put a fuel pump pressure gauge on the fuel filter while we did a dyno pull and I noticed that the max pressure went down as the RPMS went above around 5800rpm,as I recall.So thats when we knew I needed another pump..
All this happened after I switched from the CarGraphics to Milltek exhaust....I did a thread on this back then....hope this helps.....

Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
HI,When my car was being data logged on the dyno,,, The A/R was lean but my 72 injectors were not near their max duty cycle..So,we put a fuel pump pressure gauge on the fuel filter while we did a dyno pull and I noticed that the max pressure went down as the RPMS went above around 5800rpm,as I recall.So thats when we knew I needed another pump..
All this happened after I switched from the CarGraphics to Milltek exhaust....I did a thread on this back then....hope this helps.....
That's perfect -- I'll keep an eye on the A/R then. I don't think I'll be making as much power as you have though.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:02 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
If you fit bigger injectors e.g. 60 or 72lb, keeping the 3.8fpr, you can run 1.35-1.38 bar max and your fuel duty cycle will be less than 100% all the time. As soon as you run over this your injectors will be at 100%, but importantly they will want to be open even more, although that is not possible e.g.107% at 1.45 bar.

Don't run larger injectors with 5fpr - that is a no go. Stick the 3.8fpr with injectors.

You could also swop the std fuel pump for a Bosch 044 at the same time. That would give you a little more coverage.

A 5fpr + Bosch 044 (no larger injectors) would be okay for about 1.25 bar. No more.

The above is on 18gs.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by 996ttalot
If you fit bigger injectors e.g. 60 or 72lb, keeping the 3.8fpr, you can run 1.35-1.38 bar max and your fuel duty cycle will be less than 100% all the time. As soon as you run over this your injectors will be at 100%, but importantly they will want to be open even more, although that is not possible e.g.107% at 1.45 bar.

Don't run larger injectors with 5fpr - that is a no go. Stick the 3.8fpr with injectors.

You could also swop the std fuel pump for a Bosch 044 at the same time. That would give you a little more coverage.

A 5fpr + Bosch 044 (no larger injectors) would be okay for about 1.25 bar. No more.

The above is on 18gs.
Great info. Thanks! Is the 044 an easy swap for the stock pump? I'd like to shy away from the parallel setups for now.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Great info. Thanks! Is the 044 an easy swap for the stock pump? I'd like to shy away from the parallel setups for now.
HI,IMO no..I looked at all those avenues when I needed more fuel....Just put the 044 pump inline and you will be good to go for the extra fuel...Marski has under the car kit..You can do a search and look up my thread on it..Mine is under the car also....Good Luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT K24/18G fuel Support - exhaust