996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with 20g's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Not really sure what you are talking about. I know some of you guys like making stuff up to make your point "sound" better. But for the record!! My car runs fine and always has. It is not in pieces and never has been. And who, what, or when was i asking advice to put it back together? If you are referring to the parts for sale in the long block add, that's not my motor! Can I throw stones now?

While i do love your new ride, Im just making the point that you are criticizing the 18g platform claiming they cant run with the big dogs when in fact your old 18g blows the doors off your 1000HP 6 speed. Not to mention it was a tiptronic which you also routinely bash.

This is a person asking for advice and you have steered him in a direction that contains a problem you have not resolved yet and did not disclose...maybe you should not throw stones, unless they are at me...il catch them.

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Originally Posted by pumptech
Ahhhh yes because 1000hp gets ya low 11's in Houston, unless your 18g tiptronic which gets ya well into the 10s
You're funny Pumpy. Are you still staring at a garage full of parts asking everyone for advice on how to put it all back together or do you have a working vehicle? Get your car running, then throw stones. Deal?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
You misunderstood "bashing" for truth. Besides, I have earned the right to "bash" the tip as I've walked miles in the tip's shoes. In what way have I steered you in the wrong direction? What have I failed to disclose?

As far as my 18g "blowing the doors off" my new car, that's crazy talk and you know it. I already half-assed ran a 5.8 60-130. And my plugs were fouled on my only run on the 1/4 track. I will get new 1/4 mile times soon.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 02-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Not really sure what you are talking about. I know some of you guys like making stuff up to make your point "sound" better. But for the record!! My car runs fine and always has. It is not in pieces and never has been. And who, what, or when was i asking advice to put it back together? If you are referring to the parts for sale in the long block add, that's not my motor! Can I throw stones now?

While i do love your new ride, Im just making the point that you are criticizing the 18g platform claiming they cant run with the big dogs when in fact your old 18g blows the doors off your 1000HP 6 speed. Not to mention it was a tiptronic which you also routinely bash.

This is a person asking for advice and you have steered him in a direction that contains a problem you have not resolved yet and did not disclose...maybe you should not throw stones, unless they are at me...il catch them.
Pumpy,

I am going to give you the bench racer of the year award, especially since you profess to know more about these particular cars than Todd or I...even though we have collectively over 10 years of experience. For Todd most of that was w/ a Tiptronic. I guess you do not believe his experience or understand why he eventually went with a 6 speed. If you think his old setup is anywhere close to what he currently has then you really need to put down the pipe.

Of course if you ever want to get off the bench and run either Todd or myself....which I am pretty sure that an internet warrior such as yourself won't do, we will be glad to set something up. Shouldn't be a problem since your tip shifts so fast.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
I have not claimed to know more. There ya go making crap up again. Im simply trying to have a debate. In your collective 10 years have you done any work yourself, other than an oil change, if that? Either of you?

Simply saying that while his 1000hp car is faster on paper, he hasn't been able to get it to ground. There is more to having 1000HP than dyno charts and $50,000 motors. Sometimes less is more. The fact is...at this point while the new car has more power, the 18g set up was faster!! Is there something incorrect here?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
WOW Wee Pumptech is putting down the foot on Todd & Sean.

Everything you have mentioned about Todds car is true at this date.

Todd has run a 5.82 60-130 in his new car which is much faster than his best 6.33 in his 18g car.

I will be going to the track with him this Friday & I am sure he will better his times in the new car.

As far as Sean goes,keep it up because he is a back talker.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 02-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I have not claimed to know more. There ya go making crap up again. Im simply trying to have a debate. In your collective 10 years have you done any work yourself, other than an oil change, if that? Either of you?

Simply saying that while his 1000hp car is faster on paper, he hasn't been able to get it to ground. There is more to having 1000HP than dyno charts and $50,000 motors. Sometimes less is more. The fact is...at this point while the new car has more power, the 18g set up was faster!! Is there something incorrect here?
Again, you are really showing your ignorance. The 18g car was never faster.

Todds' car used to belong to Peter, a neighbor to Scott (Diverxxtreme, a moderator on this forum). I have seen that car run and beat 800whp cars, in fact it ran Scott even when his car was making 887 whp. I was right behind them. Scott ran a 4.67 second 60-130 w/ his car that was no faster than the car Peter had. In fact Peter's motor had McKenzie heads and has more potential. Dialed in, it should run under 4.5.

There is a reason that Todd is going to give Paulie (an 18 g car) 4 lengths.

In any event, I am calling you out: Are you going to run me or Todd, or are you going to continue bench racing?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Then it is only fair that Todd gives you 5 lengths because this 18g car has spanked your gt30 car before.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
What 18 G car? Yours? You have never lined up against my GT30's, but we need to change that my dear Walnut.

Tweety did run my M3 even

Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
What 18 G car? Yours? You have never lined up against my GT30's, but we need to change that my dear Walnut.

Tweety did run my M3 even
Your BMW was a joke Tweety beat it by more than 3 cars on pump.

I ran your GT30 car coming back from Sealy & after we took off I thought maybe your foot slipped off the gas pedal & hit the brake. I let off with 2 car lead when I saw a truck on the side of the freeway( I thought it might be a trooper).
I was really suprised at how laggy your car was.

That race was right after you dynoed 599whp at TX2K.

I think the Lexus would of given your BMW a good race. I was not impressed with the BMW at all,I would of been suprised if it dynoed 450 whp.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 02-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
You are right doc! I am on the bench. Im only 2 years in and have been putting thoughts together. Im building all my parts so it's gonna take a little longer, but il be out there.

I guess that's a negative on the oil change? Honestly I think you particularly and Todd are FOS and only know what others have told you and you regurgitate information.

Just like his post on the guy looking for Houston PPI....Todd says they are useless!! Maybe after you two have a pow wow and come up with 10 years of conclusion but, to someone with no experience it's probably worth it's weight in gold.

I am certain Todd's new car could be faster than any 18g....it should be...but it's not. yet he is telling some guy what it takes to run with the big dogs. That's what has me irritated. I hope he runs a 10.0 this weekend and the 60-130's look good but take little skill. The pudding is there just no proof.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
You are right doc! I am on the bench. Im only 2 years in and have been putting thoughts together. Im building all my parts so it's gonna take a little longer, but il be out there.

I guess that's a negative on the oil change? Honestly I think you particularly and Todd are FOS and only know what others have told you and you regurgitate information.

Just like his post on the guy looking for Houston PPI....Todd says they are useless!! Maybe after you two have a pow wow and come up with 10 years of conclusion but, to someone with no experience it's probably worth it's weight in gold.

I am certain Todd's new car could be faster than any 18g....it should be...but it's not. yet he is telling some guy what it takes to run with the big dogs. That's what has me irritated. I hope he runs a 10.0 this weekend and the 60-130's look good but take little skill. The pudding is there just no proof.

FOS? I regurgitate nothing. First of all, I have ZERO to prove to you. You troll threads and ask questions yet provide ZERO input of any value that I have seen. You claim I have no experience with these cars (especially the tiptronic), do some research Einstein as you can see every move I made with the tip. Have I changed the oil? Who gives a rats *** if I've turned a single wrench on a car. And the PPI comment, you must be smoking crack as that is NOT what I said. I said, and I quote "There are tons of shops in Houston, sadly PPI's are a waste of their time. I do not know of any that currently do a PPI. Maybe someone can chime in and offer help." How does that say "They (PPI's) are useless"?

I had fun with my tip, but I threw money away as I gave up on the tranny. Some people now are finding vendors to build the tip, more power to them. Selling it turned out to be a good move as I enjoy driving the 6 Speed much more.

Bring your little dog out on Friday, you might learn something. Or, just continue to troll 6Speed and make tons of friends.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
The motor in Todd's car was nearly a $100k build. It's the best of the best. I know this because I nearly purchased the car before Todd did and saw the build sheets/receipts. The second thing to remember, is that while Todd's current performance numbers in his car don't really do the car justice, they've clearly trumped his 6.33 in his tip. Once he gets a little seat time in the car I have no doubt his numbers will drop. For a guy that hasn't driven a standard in quite a few years prior to owning this one I'd say he's doing ok.

Pump, you should come out to one of the Houston gatherings. It's pretty easy to get caught up in internet BS and name calling but I'm yet to find a person that would say a bad thing about Todd after meeting him. Todd is able to laugh at himself right now, knowing full well he's getting about 60% out of the car due to his driving abilities. His abilities will improve, as will his numbers. Your interpretation leads me to think you believe he is Al Unser Jr. and that he should have shattered the 60-130 record for the 996TT first go out. Just because he had the money to but a supremely built car.

I'm not sure what 18g cars you've found that are faster or what makes Todd FOS. I would argue that there are MAYBE two other people (Sharky and Craig) who have gone as far as he has with a Tip. He tried just about anything and everything you can to optimize the performance of 18g's on a tip. As for him telling "some guy what it takes to run with the big dogs" he's well aware what it takes. He's been around it for quite some time and seen some of the top performing street cars run in person and at their best. TTG's, TTFGT's, 996TT's, TT Vette's, TT Vipers, you know what we have running around Houston. Todd was never afraid to get out there and mix it up in his tip and once he gets used to the new car I'm sure he'll be out there again. Clearly he doesn't take this stuff as seriously as you do and why should he ................... it's cars. There are way bigger, better, and important things in life that 3.5million whp cars driven by people that try and create internet personas bigger than the void in their underpants.

As for your proof being in the pudding comment .......... I'll leave you with this:

Focker OUT!

Last edited by bmoores; 02-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Why put za proof in za pudding? Just pooot it on za table".

Originally Posted by bmoores
The motor in Todd's car was nearly a $100k build it's the best of the best. I know this because I nearly purchased the car before Todd did and saw the build sheets/receipts. The second thing to remember is that while Todd's current performance numbers in his car don't really do the car justice they've clearly trumped his 6.33 in his tip. Once he gets a little seat time in the car I have no doubt his numbers will drop. For a guy that hasn't driven a standard in quite a few years prior to owning this one i'd say he's doing ok.

Pump you should come out to one of the Houston gatherings. It's pretty easy to get caught up in internet BS and name calling but I'm yet to find a person that would say a bad thing about Todd after meeting him. Todd is able to laugh at himself right now knowing full well he's getting about 60% out of the car due to his driving abilities. His abilities will improve, as will his numbers. Your interpretation leads me to think you believe he is Al Unser Jr. and that he should have shattered the 60-130 record for the 996TT first go out just because he had the money to but a supremely built car.

I'm not sure what 18g cars you've found that are faster or what makes Todd FOS. I would argue that there are MAYBE two other people (Sharky and Craig) who have gone as far as he has with a Tip. He tried just about anything and everything you can to optimize the performance of 18g's on a tip. As for him telling "some guy what it takes to run with the big dogs" he's well aware what it takes. He's been around it for quite some time and seen some of the top performing street cars run in person and at their best. TTG's, TTFGT's, 996TT's, TT Vette's, TT Vipers, you know what we have running around Houston. Todd was never afraid to get out there and mix it up in his tip and once he gets used to the new car i'm sure he'll be out there again. Clearly he doesn't take this stuff as seriously as you do and why should he ................... it's cars. There are way bigger, better, and important things in life that 3.5million whp cars driven by people that try and create internet personas bigger than the void in their underpants.

As for your proof being in the pudding comment .......... I'll leave you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVApHh5Rax4

Focker OUT!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
wow I get 4 lengths from Todd. woo hoo
That's a lot of cars. My money is on tweety unless you guys are running to 350 mph. Tweety got some new wings ........she's gonna fly.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
That's a lot of cars. My money is on tweety unless you guys are running to 350 mph. Tweety got some new wings ........she's gonna fly.
I think that is the nicest thing you have ever said about Tweety. Thank you Ben you are very Witty & truly a gentleman.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with 20g's.