996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with 20g's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I think that is the nicest thing you have ever said about Tweety. Thank you Ben you are very Witty & truly a gentleman.
It would have been cheating if I had said anything nice about her while I had mine. Now that she's gone and out of earshot I can whisper sweet nothings to Tweety.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Lol, funny *** vid!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Your BMW was a joke Tweety beat it by more than 3 cars on pump.

I ran your GT30 car coming back from Sealy & after we took off I thought maybe your foot slipped off the gas pedal & hit the brake. I let off with 2 car lead when I saw a truck on the side of the freeway( I thought it might be a trooper).
I was really suprised at how laggy your car was.

That race was right after you dynoed 599whp at TX2K.

I think the Lexus would of given your BMW a good race. I was not impressed with the BMW at all,I would of been suprised if it dynoed 450 whp.
Um...Paulie, I did not run you coming back, as there was way too much traffic. In fact I was working on getting my boost controler dialed in for
the real run later that night:

I am more than happy to line up as soon as you get you're car back....love you bro, but we both know that you will get walked.

Pumpy,

I won the 60-130 comp at the Supra Nats 2 years in a row. I also did the whole event (road course, dyno, 1/4 mile/60-130) at the Supra nats and finished third overall one year. I think it is reasonable to say I have walked the walk and definitely am not FOS. You are the one with absolutely no achievments or credibilty beyond an oil change.

Also, my car is much faster than the verified 5.79 I have on this board. That was before my full Protomotive blow through maf system and 5 inch ICs. The above clip from Mexico was from that set up. The guy I was running is one of the best roll on racers around. I have always been willing to run anyone anytime, even if they have a faster car.

Since then I have added a full 3 inch BBI exhaust and larger injectors. I have not really been interested in doing another 60-130 just for the 6speed list, although I will be entering the one at the Supra Nats this year. If you are too much of a wussy to run me on the street, you can run me there.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Yes we will have to run. This time no excuses please.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Their is truth in the statement that just because you have more horsepower doesnt mean you will have better ET's at the dragstrip...This has been proven many times and it has happened,including to myself building more powerful bike motors in the same chassis. ......BUT UNLESS you have a chassis,grip,and know how to launch that new power it may hurt you...Anyone can do roll ons but coming off the line and the first 60ft is a whole different story....
ET's win races,,Not MPH.......
Just my 2 cents here....

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Yes we will have to run. This time no excuses please.
Found ur boost leak?

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Their is truth in the statement that just because you have more horsepower doesnt mean you will have better ET's at the dragstrip...This has been proven many times and it has happened,including to myself building more powerful bike motors in the same chassis. ......BUT UNLESS you have a chassis,grip,and know how to launch that new power it may hurt you...Anyone can do roll ons but coming off the line and the first 60ft is a whole different story....
ET's win races,,Not MPH.......
Just my 2 cents here....
Bingo, and I know for a fact from the previous owner of Todd's car is wasn't built to be a 1/4 mile car. It was built to hurt feelings on the Mexican Autobahn.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Bingo, and I know for a fact from the previous owner of Todd's car is wasn't built to be a 1/4 mile car. It was built to hurt feelings on the Mexican Autobahn.

I should also address the knuckleheaded claim that Todd is FOS: Lets see, he has done the Mile, verifiable 60-130s, 1/4 mile, never ducked a run on the Mexican Autobahn, etc. I think he is definitely anything BUT FOS.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Sean, Pump will never be anything more than a interweb racer with his painted tail lights and home made tiptronic.

He knows his tranny is gonna blow yet doesn't want to spend the money to build a proper one. So he is trying to "cut corners".

Well...im really just beating a dead horse and tryin to find a way around the traditional tiptronic and its 5-8000$ rebuild

He knows his motor is going to blow, so he's building one "on the side".

Pump, your car will soon humble you. You are headed down a slippery slope. You better have saved your pennies.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Um...Paulie, I did not run you coming back, as there was way too much traffic. In fact I was working on getting my boost controler dialed in for
the real run later that night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNL9M-W-F24

I am more than happy to line up as soon as you get you're car back....love you bro, but we both know that you will get walked.

Pumpy,

I won the 60-130 comp at the Supra Nats 2 years in a row. I also did the whole event (road course, dyno, 1/4 mile/60-130) at the Supra nats and finished third overall one year. I think it is reasonable to say I have walked the walk and definitely am not FOS. You are the one with absolutely no achievments or credibilty beyond an oil change.

Also, my car is much faster than the verified 5.79 I have on this board. That was before my full Protomotive blow through maf system and 5 inch ICs. The above clip from Mexico was from that set up. The guy I was running is one of the best roll on racers around. I have always been willing to run anyone anytime, even if they have a faster car.

Since then I have added a full 3 inch BBI exhaust and larger injectors. I have not really been interested in doing another 60-130 just for the 6speed list, although I will be entering the one at the Supra Nats this year. If you are too much of a wussy to run me on the street, you can run me there.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu

I should also address the knuckleheaded claim that Todd is FOS: Lets see, he has done the Mile, verifiable 60-130s, 1/4 mile, never ducked a run on the Mexican Autobahn, etc. I think he is definitely anything BUT FOS.

This^^

Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Oh hi thread! I am back in Houston...

Just wanted to make sure it was noticed that there is this handsome guy named Chris Powell (not to be mistaken big foot/sasquatch/Swole Powell aka Matt Powell) that currently owns the #1 spot and #5 in best mph for 996/997TT Porsche's. On E85 for #1 driven to and from the track and then #5 on a STOCK motor on MS109 driven to and from SEALY at TX2K10. Oh yeah I also forgot I own the fastest 60-130 on any late model Porsche with just E85 and oh crap... I just noticed I own the 996TT stock motor record 60-130 still too.

Please stop with the ignorant post people... Todd's car is going to FLY he just needs some seat time. Matt or I could have jumped behind the wheel and set a number in it, but Todd wants to learn to drive the car down pact himself and that's bad *** in my book. From a roll btw... It takes a LOT of that driving away from everything...

Oh btw when these Houston Tip. cars are done Swole Powell's 997TT will be ready anytime to put them in it's place with a stock motor and Alpha30s. Same to you Sean and Paul! Though setting up a race with either of you two is impossible between early bird specials and Murder She Wrote!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
can i get some cliff notes?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Subtle "I'm the boss" post Chris. Oh wait, it wasn't subtle at all.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Just found a recent picture of Chris:

hillarious

Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Oh hi thread! I am back in Houston...

Just wanted to make sure it was noticed that there is this handsome guy named Chris Powell (not to be mistaken big foot/sasquatch/Swole Powell aka Matt Powell) that currently owns the #1 spot and #5 in best mph for 996/997TT Porsche's. On E85 for #1 driven to and from the track and then #5 on a STOCK motor on MS109 driven to and from SEALY at TX2K10. Oh yeah I also forgot I own the fastest 60-130 on any late model Porsche with just E85 and oh crap... I just noticed I own the 996TT stock motor record 60-130 still too.

Please stop with the ignorant post people... Todd's car is going to FLY he just needs some seat time. Matt or I could have jumped behind the wheel and set a number in it, but Todd wants to learn to drive the car down pact himself and that's bad *** in my book. From a roll btw... It takes a LOT of that driving away from everything...

Oh btw when these Houston Tip. cars are done Swole Powell's 997TT will be ready anytime to put them in it's place with a stock motor and Alpha30s. Same to you Sean and Paul! Though setting up a race with either of you two is impossible between early bird specials and Murder She Wrote!
I am looking forward to running your bro in March. Will his car be done than?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with 20g's.