996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with 20g's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Oh hi thread! I am back in Houston...

Just wanted to make sure it was noticed that there is this handsome guy named Chris Powell (not to be mistaken big foot/sasquatch/Swole Powell aka Matt Powell) that currently owns the #1 spot and #5 in best mph for 996/997TT Porsche's. On E85 for #1 driven to and from the track and then #5 on a STOCK motor on MS109 driven to and from SEALY at TX2K10. Oh yeah I also forgot I own the fastest 60-130 on any late model Porsche with just E85 and oh crap... I just noticed I own the 996TT stock motor record 60-130 still too.

Please stop with the ignorant post people... Todd's car is going to FLY he just needs some seat time. Matt or I could have jumped behind the wheel and set a number in it, but Todd wants to learn to drive the car down pact himself and that's bad *** in my book. From a roll btw... It takes a LOT of that driving away from everything...

Oh btw when these Houston Tip. cars are done Swole Powell's 997TT will be ready anytime to put them in it's place with a stock motor and Alpha30s. Same to you Sean and Paul! Though setting up a race with either of you two is impossible between early bird specials and Murder She Wrote!
Yes Chris, you are the undisputed King....as long as no turns (and food) are involved

Old 02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hey guys,,I forgot...What was the title of this tread??........Sorry,just had to...

Old 02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My post was meant as a joke to some effect to some that probably just all the sudden are like omg he's an @$$hole LOL!

On a lighter note non 20G related... Non Porsche related... Frank is back and the Powell brothers (and soon to be Powell sister-in-law) are ecstatic! Frank is our neighborhood cat that has helped (well lounged) while we've done every project. We don't know what neighbor she belongs to but for the last 8 months we have enjoyed her company!

Click image for larger version

Name:	9Xg52.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	544748
Click image for larger version

Name:	WfnH2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	544749

Even during the interior swap and some wiring changes on my car Frank was inside the car helping! LOL! She's even had a paw in on Matt's 997TT

Last edited by Powell; 02-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chris , i think the cat is your good luck charm ...youve set records when your working on your car in your garage and so happenly the cat has been there chilling.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Dr_jitsu...

I didn't catch in the video what turbos you were running?

So, I take it the 599 was what you put down with issues of some sort that day on the dyno?

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited by Almo; 02-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hes running gt30/76's. i believe the car had not adapted yet to the race gas,when they undid the battery... if i remember correctly, but ill let him chime in .

Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
On a lighter note non 20G related... Non Porsche related... Frank is back and the Powell brothers (and soon to be Powell sister-in-law) are ecstatic! Frank is our neighborhood cat that has helped (well lounged) while we've done every project. We don't know what neighbor she belongs to but for the last 8 months we have enjoyed her company!
Oh!
I thought you meant Frankster! LOL!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Oh!
I thought you meant Frankster! LOL!
You know for a second, I thought the same thing!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We lead dull lives... LOL! She is an important roll! Nick called it on the good luck charm!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Frankster, lol...he showed up at the dojo that night and he rolled w/ us. Not much of a grappler but a pretty good TKD point sparring guy. I was surprised he showed up, but impressed that he did.

He did a little TKD sparring w/ Sky who has taken over running the school. Sky is 22 and the kid has skills. He has cleaned up all the local comps for TKD, and he learns pretty much everything I teach him (he is consistently tapping everyone....and he is only 140 lbs). He is also boxing now and is getting good at that. I am trying to talk him into fighting MMA.

In any event, Frank heard that he was doing a TKD tourney the next day w/ some Lopez students (The Lopez's are the Olympic TKD medalists).

Frank was worried that sky was going to get hurt.

Instead, Sky beat every guy they put on the floor.

For what it is worth, Chris, I definitely do NOT think you are being an *******, you have put up the numbers and are the top of the food chain when it comes to the 996 platform.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for interupting your keyboard fighting! ;-)

If I get back to topic.. Any ideas how the 20G billett are on E85(ethanol) compared to the 20G on racegas, anyone tried??
Iīm running stock internals and non stock externals. Pretty much everything on the outside is modified. Fuel, air, IC, exhaust etc.
For the moment running Proto tune with 18G(old version) on standard pump fuel and done it since 2009.. My car is not a texas miles killer or a ET chaser. Its more a Time attack and track car. Despite that iīve runned it one single run on the quartermile with 11.32 ET and 134MPh.. Done 100-200Km/h in 5,3sec..
On the track its one of the fastest steet legal cars up here in the North and holds a couple of records..

So Iīm thinking of upgrading to 20G billetts and E85.. But the question is if it will destroy driveability on the track? Any suggestions? Iīm not going Alphas or anything that fancy, then I stay on my old proven 18G and maybe just go E85. On the track I really dont need much more HP anyway because the heat will kill the gearbox etc.

With that said I still would like about 50HP extra when going one lap in time attack mode pushing for a lap record etc..But I dont want to sacrifice anything from my current 18G setup. If 20G gives more lag I wont do it!

/Pete

Last edited by Puppan; 02-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ask Todd K about 20g billets.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Didn't you plan on going with a 20G upgrade?

Last edited by Almo; 02-28-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
If you refering to my post, i did that and what I understand with my spec it wouldnt lag more then my old 18G according to Proto! :-)

I think Todd K at Proto is one of the greater tuners out there, especially in the Porsche businees. But when we come to track/race use most of his customer dosenīt use their cars like that. Thats why I asked all of yours opinion here! :-)

/P

Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Puppan
If you refering to my post, i did that and what I understand with my spec it wouldnt lag more then my old 18G according to Proto! :-)

I think Todd K at Proto is one of the greater tuners out there, especially in the Porsche businees. But when we come to track/race use most of his customer dosenīt use their cars like that. Thats why I asked all of yours opinion here! :-)

/P
I was told the same that 20billets spool the same as 18g's. I will be picking up my car today, I will let you know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with 20g's.