996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with 20g's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:17 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I was told the same that 20billets spool the same as 18g's. I will be picking up my car today, I will let you know.
Do you need to borrow my Pbox?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Do you need to borrow my Pbox?
I think I have to re-learn how to drive it.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
I was told the same that 20billets spool the same as 18g's. I will be picking up my car today, I will let you know.

Thanks that would be great!!

/Pete

Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Reading between the lines here... can't wait to see the results.

Justin, here on 6speed has all supporting mods, including rods and has 20Gs on the car. It is taking a little longer than expected to complete his car though.

Anyways, very interested to see your results.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Puppan
Sorry for interupting your keyboard fighting! ;-)

If I get back to topic.. Any ideas how the 20G billett are on E85(ethanol) compared to the 20G on racegas, anyone tried??
I´m running stock internals and non stock externals. Pretty much everything on the outside is modified. Fuel, air, IC, exhaust etc.
For the moment running Proto tune with 18G(old version) on standard pump fuel and done it since 2009.. My car is not a texas miles killer or a ET chaser. Its more a Time attack and track car. Despite that i´ve runned it one single run on the quartermile with 11.32 ET and 134MPh.. Done 100-200Km/h in 5,3sec..
On the track its one of the fastest steet legal cars up here in the North and holds a couple of records..

So I´m thinking of upgrading to 20G billetts and E85.. But the question is if it will destroy driveability on the track? Any suggestions? I´m not going Alphas or anything that fancy, then I stay on my old proven 18G and maybe just go E85. On the track I really dont need much more HP anyway because the heat will kill the gearbox etc.

With that said I still would like about 50HP extra when going one lap in time attack mode pushing for a lap record etc..But I dont want to sacrifice anything from my current 18G setup. If 20G gives more lag I wont do it!

/Pete
HI,What supporting mods do you have??

Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,What supporting mods do you have??
* Proto K24/18G turbos old style
* DualAir intake pipes from 997TT Airbox directly down to Turbos (Custom)
* Upgraded pressure piping (Custom)
* Upgraded EVO Diverters
* Dual 044 Pumps in serial (Proto style)
* Larger fuel injectors 72 Lb (Don´t really remember Proto recommendation)
* Large X-Pipe Exhaust 3,5" (catless).
* 997TT mk2/997 GT2 RS Intercoolers

If I´m going E85 and 20G Billett I will of course upgrade to larger injektors!

But well, pretty much the same mods that you seem to have with some custom made touch! :-)

Last edited by Puppan; 02-29-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
* Proto K24/18G turbos old style
* DualAir intake pipes from 997TT Airbox directly down to Turbos (Custom)
* Upgraded pressure piping (Custom)
* Upgraded EVO Diverters
* Dual 044 Pumps in serial (Proto style)
* Larger fuel injectors 72 Lb (Don´t really remember Proto recommendation)
* Large X-Pipe Exhaust 3,5" (catless).
* 997TT mk2/997 GT2 RS Intercoolers

If I´m going E85 and 20G Billett I will of course upgrade to larger injektors!

But well, pretty much the same mods that you seem to have with some custom made touch! :-)
What did your car weigh when you ran the 133 trap speed and was that with the 650 kit installed? Imagine your car would have been around the 550 awhp area and that seems like it should have been running a little quicker trap speeds.

Hmmmm

Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Almo
What did your car weigh when you ran the 133 trap speed and was that with the 650 kit installed? Imagine your car would have been around the 550 awhp area and that seems like it should have been running a little quicker trap speeds.

Hmmmm
Well maybe you are right?! It was with everything on without GT2RS IC back then.
It was about 1350KG at the time but with my huge wing on the rear end?! I only did one run and It probarbly wasn´t perfect?!
Do you think I should have a faster 100-200km/h time as well? 5.3sec is the best yet I think.

/Pete

Last edited by Puppan; 02-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Well maybe you are right?! It was with everything on without GT2RS IC back then.
It was about 1350KG at the time but with my huge wing on the rear end?! I only did one run and It probarbly wasn´t perfect?!
Do you think I should have a faster 100-200km/h time as well? 5.3sec is the best yet I think.

/Pete
Not sure... remember the DA that day?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Almo

Hmmmm
HI,I think those traps with K24/18s and pump gas sound about right??

Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Close enough I guess... K24/18G cars usually put down 550 on 93 on a Mustang Dyno (more pending mods and octane, right?) and I am under the impression that 550 aw on a Mustang Dyno and these cars would be trapping a little better than 133.

Last edited by Almo; 02-29-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM

/Pete
I take it you have replaced the clutch?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Well I can comment on this because we have done 18g and 20g installs. My own car was 20g, from 911tuning and Protomotive. On a tiptronic with an MKB upgraded box.

We have an 18g in the shop as well that is billet 18g. The 20g is not billet. The 20g kills the 18g billet - it is that simple, real life results.

There is a little more lag in the 20g (that was fitted with full y-pipe, 5 inch Ics, injectors, the works basically) but as soon as you are on it, the 20g pulls much harder than the 18g.

18g works well at 1.35 on pump, and on race gas 1.45 is fine. However, 20g can run 1.4 on pump, and 1.55 on race gas.

There is very little difference between and 18g and 20g at 1.35 bar, because the 20g does not wake up at 1.35 bar - don't get me wrong it is quick, but as soon as you take it to 1.45 bar + it is a different animal.

On a slow surface (worth 2-3 seconds in time compared to other places) the 20g car runs 200 in one mile in 28.25 seconds, with 300kph in 22.5 seconds.

The real advantage with the 18g is the fact that you don't have to do y-pipe etc. The 20g certainly costs more to do because of additional hardware.

The 20g above has a 6.14 in the list that was done with full weight car 1585kg + 2 person + 3/4 tank. I have run 5.85 before.

It really depends on what you want. I have moved on now from the 20g and in the middle of bigger engine build with bigger turbos etc.

I have taken people out in both the 18g and 20g. Customers immediately see the difference.

I would say there is 0.5-0.8 difference in 60-130 time between the two, maybe a little more. That is on pump with full weight car etc.

Ken

Attached Images  

Last edited by 996ttalot; 02-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996ttalot
Well I can comment on this because we have done 18g and 20g installs. My own car was 20g, from 911tuning and Protomotive. On a tiptronic with an MKB upgraded box.

We have an 18g in the shop as well that is billet 18g. The 20g is not billet. The 20g kills the 18g billet - it is that simple, real life results.

There is a little more lag in the 20g (that was fitted with full y-pipe, 5 inch Ics, injectors, the works basically) but as soon as you are on it, the 20g pulls much harder than the 18g.

18g works well at 1.35 on pump, and on race gas 1.45 is fine. However, 20g can run 1.4 on pump, and 1.55 on race gas.

There is very little difference between and 18g and 20g at 1.35 bar, because the 20g does not wake up at 1.35 bar - don't get me wrong it is quick, but as soon as you take it to 1.45 bar + it is a different animal.

On a slow surface (worth 2-3 seconds in time compared to other places) the 20g car runs 200 in one mile in 28.25 seconds, with 300kph in 22.5 seconds.

The real advantage with the 18g is the fact that you don't have to do y-pipe etc. The 20g certainly costs more to do because of additional hardware.

The 20g above has a 6.14 in the list that was done with full weight car 1585kg + 2 person + 3/4 tank. I have run 5.85 before.

It really depends on what you want. I have moved on now from the 20g and in the middle of bigger engine build with bigger turbos etc.

I have taken people out in both the 18g and 20g. Customers immediately see the difference.

I would say there is 0.5-0.8 difference in 60-130 time between the two, maybe a little more. That is on pump with full weight car etc.

Ken
Agreed 100%. My 0-300kph time on the 20g's was 21.45 seconds at 1.44bar.
My 200 mph time was just below 28 seconds on my mile pull I believe. I need to pull the data again.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Agreed 100%. My 0-300kph time on the 20g's was 21.45 seconds at 1.44bar.
My 200 mph time was just below 28 seconds on my mile pull I believe. I need to pull the data again.
At 1.55 bar they are good for 19-20 seconds, but we test where all the other cars test so it is a good comparison. The problem is that it is on an incline to 300kph as seen in the image and the surface is rubbish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with 20g's.