996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How to fill up your 996T all the way at the gas station

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Great info.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Wow -- you get 19.9mpg? Please tell me you drive mainly on the freeway. Otherwise, either my car has a problem or you're not driving your car the way you should .
Mostly freeway. Strictly freeway the mpg can reach 25/26mpg. Doesn't take much driving around town to see that mpg reading drop.

I drive the car like I have to to avoid tickets, or worse. Traffic around here is often terrible and then there's the law. Doesn't take much over the limit to really draw their attention.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Macster
Mostly freeway. Strictly freeway the mpg can reach 25/26mpg. Doesn't take much driving around town to see that mpg reading drop.

I drive the car like I have to to avoid tickets, or worse. Traffic around here is often terrible and then there's the law. Doesn't take much over the limit to really draw their attention.

Sincerely,

Macster.
I certainly know what you mean . I decided to test out the mileage this morning since I had to drive on the freeway for about 40 miles (pretty much flat). I reset the avg. mpg at the start of my trip and cruised at about 65-70 all the way. Average ended up being 25.6 mpg after the 40 miles. In real driving for me, which is about 50/50 freeway and city, I get about 16-18 mpg per tank. I know I could do better -- but that's not why I got the car .

Old 02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I told the local dealership service guy there must be something wrong with the gas gauge after having the car a week, lol, thanks for this.. am not as crazy as maybe thought after all? Hehehe sheez!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
tpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud of
wow, that is a crazy problem, haha. I don't know if the question was answered, but how many gallons is the tank designed to hold?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I think pumps with vapor recovery systems are prone to quirkiness. Where I live in Georgia we don't have vapor recovery nozzles (it is simply a metal nozzle) and I've never had a problem filling the tank with the nozzle in the six o'clock position; just insert the nozzle fully, squeeze the handle all the way, engage the handle lock, and step away from the car to take in the scenery until the automatic shutoff activates...