996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New HFS-4 ERL Aquamist H20/Meth Injection system Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
New HFS-4 ERL Aquamist H20/Meth Injection system Released

I noticed that Richard at ERL has released a new system. You can read all about it here:

I have implemented and installed many of ERL's systems over the years, in a variety of vehicles, the last being the HFS-6 in my own Porsche. Never had any issue with them so I have to believe this is another great example. I like them because they are programmable and can be turned off if you do not want to use them. I have a full install for the Porsche on my site. PM me for a link to it if you are interested.

Here is some info, more can be found at: www.aquamist.co.uk Check the forums and you will get all the info you need.

Aquamist HFS-4
Introducing the Aquamist HFS-4, the newest and most capable water/alcohol injection system in the world. The HFS-4 brings never before seen features to the water alcohol injection market. Some of these features are:
  • Auto sensing inputs for conventional and Direct Injection applications
  • User adjustable proportioning of IDC to Boost inputs for tuning the injection curve
  • New flow sensor hardware and mapping features for the best fail safe and user interface
  • Added functionality for interfacing with many standalone EMS and piggy-back systems
Built on the foundation of the rock-solid HFS-3, the new HFS-4 system adds new features to make it the most advanced system Aquamist has ever produced. The most exciting new feature of the HFS-4 is the user adjustable trimming of boost and IDC inputs. This gives the user infinite adjust-ability of the injection curve.

In conjunction with the new boost input that can be mixed with the IDC signal, the boost input can be scaled with a link on the back of the controller. The options are 2bar, 3bar, and Absolute.
The new HFS-4 also has 3 fixed flow maps with expanded range for one through multiple jets. This expanded range ensures the HFS-4 can handle any flow rate the pump and valve combination can throw at it.
Of course the HFS-4 continues the tradition of PWM valve injection which is unmatched in the industry. The PWM injection provides unmatched control of the injection amount allowing precise mapping of the injection curve with load. The effect on the vehicles AFR are consistent in any gear and load situation providing for optimum drive ablity and performance.
The HFS-4 also features the best flow sensor in the world for the application, made in-house at Aquamist, capable of flowing ANY water or alcohol mixture or concentration. This unit has been produced and continually developed for over a decade and thousands of units.
Integration with standalone EMS or Piggy-back systems has never been easier. With the variable input, the system can be driven with either a PWM or 0-5V signal. The unit also has 0-5v and raw pulse outputs from the flow sensor for feedback to the control system.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
anybody used it on 996tt ? If so can you post the wiring diagram ?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Check my website all is there, impconceptsDOTcom

Old 08-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
sounds like a very nice system. i used HFS3 and it was solid.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Sorry to revive this post but have not heard any more about this new set-up..
So,,has anyone used it had it installed and used it yet?
Thanks for info.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, i am using it ...

Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
Yes, i am using it ...
D
Hi,Do you know or feel the improvements in that new kit?
Thanks.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I run the hfs-3 on the 996TT and the hfs-4 on the CTT.

While trying to upgrade the 3 to the 4 the manufacturer told me no need since the 996tt is not direct fuel injection as the CTT and wouldn't see many benefits as the CTT would.

Both very solid units. My recommendation is to take your time on the install and do not cut any corners if you do decide to be a meth head.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Compared to HFS3, no real benefit... just more options to fine tune meth flow based on other variables and the direct injection option that is uselees for our cars... i just bought the hfs4 in case i change my mind after some time and reinstall it on another car with DI.. and having a new product with a new revised firmware and that small add-on regarding the flow, the price diff was small too... so i said .. why not ?

I would say, if you have hfs3 there is no need for upgrade, if in the market for a new meth kit go hfs4

Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
The HFS-3 gets new firmware as well as they are on revision # 3. You can't go wrong with either system on 996TT.