996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

D2 coilovers for 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
well the k-sport got a bad start here at the forums from where i remember, sincerely i wouldn't bother with these, just look at what the factory is doing and follow suit, H&R's are on GT3's, if these guys build the GT3 coilovers they must have all the inside info to build them, right, go with that, PPS10's or Bilstein make the cartridges for the H&R coilovers so they have the info too, right, go with that as well. even at $2400 the PSS10's are not bad for the cars we drive in return you get a sharp handling vehicle, i say, its a go!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
PSS10s are great

Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Nick911 is infamous around these parts
D2 Racing shocks

I have used them for 2 years on my 996 Turbo.

-Easier to access then the PSS9's or 10's. You don't have to stick your hand next to a hot rotor with the wheel full lock left. full lock right. Adjustment found at top of shock tower.
- D2's are noisy and clunk.. a lot. Lighten flywheels make noise as well. Performance over Buick quiet ride, I suppose. Some owners choke their 911 exhaust so the 911 is as quiet as an American compact... not my preference.
- Strut tower has to be modified to access the spring adjustment and camber settings.

You could lose resale from a car stickler calling this a modification undesirable. My complaint, D2 calls this a bolt on. No modification. Yes, they do bolt on. If you want access to the front adjustments, you will need to modify strut tower opening.

On track and street performance is about the same as a PSS9. If this was a fully dedicated track car, my choice would have be different.
tntjobs at *** dot net

Old 08-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Fishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to beholdFishey is a splendid one to behold
So many people with no real suspension understanding.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:58 AM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
I had no problems with K-Sport on my C2. I also had a C2 with H&R, I like the K-Sport better.

In the same price range, BC makes a coilover for the turbo. I ran BC on my Viper for a short time and it was MUCH better than the factory suspension, not sure if that translates over to the 996TT, but FWIW.