996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

After-market TPMS for HRE 560 Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012 | 05:50 PM
|
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
After-market TPMS for HRE 560 Wheels?

Most TPMS replace the valve stem with their sensor but the HRE wheels have a pretty long valve that comes through the wheel at about the center and has a long tube to allow access for inflation. Has anyone successfully integrated an after-market system into these types of wheels?

HRE guys - This would be a good time to chime in...

Old 02-27-2012 | 10:52 PM
|
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Really - no one???

Old 02-28-2012 | 01:09 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
i have orange tpms on my hre c93's and they work great.

Old 02-28-2012 | 05:47 PM
|
Thanks, I think I will go with those as well. I found out the trick with after-market wheels is to use a TPMS strap that you tighten around the inside of the wheel and mount the TPMS sensor to it. The TPMS sensor stays inside the wheel and is not used for putting air in the tire.

Old 02-28-2012 | 06:29 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
I have the Orange setup also. Works great. Make sure you can keep track of which is front/back and right/left while you're installing because it's very hard to sort out after install

Old 02-28-2012 | 10:18 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I have one of these that I bought that i never installed sitting in my garage.

PM me an offer...

Old 02-29-2012 | 01:25 AM
|
Originally Posted by Patrnflyr
I have the Orange setup also. Works great. Make sure you can keep track of which is front/back and right/left while you're installing because it's very hard to sort out after install
Can't you just take the air out of the tires - one at a time?

Old 02-29-2012 | 07:27 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Orange TPMS like everyone else said. I love mine.