996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Boost Hoses on Ebay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
Boost Hoses on Ebay

Has anyone tried those inexpensive boost silicone hose kits on Ebay?
There's a set for under $300.
I know "you get what you pay for" but sometimes there is a product that is truly a good deal.
Is this it?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Mpsuk is infamous around these parts
Contact forge in the uk. Top quality and good prices. For some reason the price of forge in the usa is double!

Old 02-29-2012, 04:49 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rennwerkes
Has anyone tried those inexpensive boost silicone hose kits on Ebay?
There's a set for under $300.
I know "you get what you pay for" but sometimes there is a product that is truly a good deal.
Is this it?
A few guys are running them here without issues. Their was a post a vendor posted stating the cheaper hoses were not any good, but I could not tell if he was refering to these in particular or other cheaper alternatives. I would run them and do some leak tests to make sure they were good.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !
You should just buy the brand new forge units that I offered to you for a very good price. Why skimp on something so important for your baby?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by m3ntal
You should just buy the brand new forge units that I offered to you for a very good price. Why skimp on something so important for your baby?
HA! I know, I know, but I'm trying to justify the cost over just running the stock hoses. Haven't seen any reason to change them out if I'm not going to be modifying the car much.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
well am useing them over AP , trust me they are very good .. am boosting 1.5bar and 1.7bar with out any issues ..

Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
not going to start comparing but you do what you get what you pay for.. for those who make their own flanges and parts I can say that not all hoses are the same.. nor the hose flanges...
I rather use OEM then cheap hoses and fittings that leak...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
not going to start comparing but you do what you get what you pay for.. for those who make their own flanges and parts I can say that not all hoses are the same.. nor the hose flanges...
I rather use OEM then cheap hoses and fittings that leak...

Are you talking about sticking with factory hoses rather than silicone?

Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If ur going to get untested ( how do u know they hold boost at flanges ) hoses I rather use oem and just upgrade the o ring for $4.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
If ur going to get untested ( how do u know they hold boost at flanges ) hoses I rather use oem and just upgrade the o ring for $4.
Roger that!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future
I'm make 585whp with the cheap hoses......

Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Dr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of light
I've been looking around at Forge hoses lately and they appear to be significantly cheaper from UK distributors. Try ordering them from here:

http://www.edgeperformance.co.uk/vie...3279&Make=Lada

With international shipping they are only around $382.00. I'm not sure if you're going to run into any other costs, but it might be worth a try. Just make sure you report back and let us know how the transaction goes

Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
I got my set in today. They look decent. The ends will need a little smoothing here and there with some 220 paper, but other than that they look nice.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
I've been looking around at Forge hoses lately and they appear to be significantly cheaper from UK distributors. Try ordering them from here:

http://www.edgeperformance.co.uk/vie...3279&Make=Lada

With international shipping they are only around $382.00. I'm not sure if you're going to run into any other costs, but it might be worth a try. Just make sure you report back and let us know how the transaction goes
I went directly to the Forge site and they were about $250!!!
Less shipping but can't imagine shipping being that bad.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Dr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rennwerkes
I went directly to the Forge site and they were about $250!!!
Less shipping but can't imagine shipping being that bad.
I think you've just volunteered to be the guinea pig to see how much and how hard it will be to get them right from forge

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost Hoses on Ebay