996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tuned X50 vs. New Camaro ZL1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
I doubt he would shave a full minute off. Car and Driver's Lightning Lap in the GT3 RS was 2:55.9.
Sorry, I always do that because I'm used to putting the 1.xx for VIR times because no one really runs the grand course. Most people run the shorter full course and really good lap times are just under 2:00. Not that any stock cars are doing that (maybe an ACR did 2:00 I think).

I saw the video of the Camaro run, Chevy's chassis engineers can DRIVE! Look at Jim Mero, he's easily within a couple of seconds of what Jan Magnussen could do at the Nurburgring and mixing and for a track that long and a non-pro, that is an outstanding achievement!

Aaron Link was driving the heck out of that Camaro, all in the dirt with his foot flat on the floor, lots of correction, jumping curbs and so on. It's still going to be a higher level of driving than a couple of guys having to set a fast time for 250-30 different cars in one day, there is no way you could get used to all those cars at that one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5heLDdlJfbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5heLDdlJfbE

Note: They brought in a special driver for the GT-R lightning lap, it was not tested like all the other cars. Which is BS.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
To heavy's point, they should allow the manufacturer to send in a 'shoe' for each of the cars if they're going to allow even one of them to do that. If they did, lap times would come down considerably across the board.