996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who is using E85?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Ok so let me clear some stuff up.
I don't drive my car on a daily basis. I drive it on the weekends and the ocational night for some fun on a deserted private road. (enough said ) I have been running c16 or Ms109 for 2 years straight.
End of last year summer I heard the motor knocking so I said its time for Rods which I am doing now and am doing a full fuel system. Weather it is a E85 or the C16 route I am doing injectors pumps lines regulators yes the whole system. So yes I know what's involved.

I haven't been to a gas station in 2 years with the car so I care less of 94 octane and a gas pump. I would rather fill 2 full 45gallon tanks up and leave them so when I need them there are there. I don't Mind driving the 60 mins to fill them up as they will be sitting in my warehouse and I can Pump them when I need to. C16 or e85.

The station has it all year round and has had it for a few years.

So I am happy that the guys that are running it have responded and I value the imput greatly.
Are you referring to the station in Guelph? I was thinking about doing this as well but my car is a dd so I decided against it. Are you getting Autowerks to change your rods?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Yes that's the station I was thinking about.

I am getting them to change the Rods and fuel system and what ever else the car needs.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Where are people jumping in out of left field.

Corey has a full understanding on what is needed for the setup.

At that distance man I honestly wouldn't. I have 2x stations within 7 miles and if I ever got SUPER SUPER low and there was no other choice I can swap to my pump file with just a turn of a ****. If I did not have that I would not mess with it. Plus remember the amount of fuel pump, injectors, lines, etc.
Sorry, I misunderstood the situation.

If someone has a full understanding of what is required to mod a modern non-E85 compatible car to run E85 then well he can use E85.

Not sure though the thinking of doing this when E85 stations are so far away.

A possible solution is for the OP to have an underground storage tank installed at his house/place of residence/business and have E85 delivered.

Some years ago I had a friend who had a business in San Jose off of Bird Ave. who had IIRC a 500 gallon gas tank installed -- when he built his business building -- with a hand operated pump and after it was installed and his building up and running had the tank filled up with gas and was the envy of the area when the gas crisis hit.

His vehicles (and his business -- he rebuilt Wisconsin stationary engines) needed only 87 octane gas so staleness was not a real issue.

I do not know how E85 handles time, if it goes stale, and if there's any issue with stratification.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Macster
Sorry, I misunderstood the situation.

If someone has a full understanding of what is required to mod a modern non-E85 compatible car to run E85 then well he can use E85.

Not sure though the thinking of doing this when E85 stations are so far away.

A possible solution is for the OP to have an underground storage tank installed at his house/place of residence/business and have E85 delivered.

Some years ago I had a friend who had a business in San Jose off of Bird Ave. who had IIRC a 500 gallon gas tank installed -- when he built his business building -- with a hand operated pump and after it was installed and his building up and running had the tank filled up with gas and was the envy of the area when the gas crisis hit.

His vehicles (and his business -- he rebuilt Wisconsin stationary engines) needed only 87 octane gas so staleness was not a real issue.

I do not know how E85 handles time, if it goes stale, and if there's any issue with stratification.

Sincerely,

Macster.
not sure how it does in a huge tank , but i do know it does tend to pull in some water after time when stored, im sure it has to do with improper storage containers, or conditions .

Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I leave my race fuel in the metal can until I need some. I pour it into my plastic race jug when I go to the track. I think keeping it cool and away from light is important...

Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
not sure how it does in a huge tank , but i do know it does tend to pull in some water after time when stored, im sure it has to do with improper storage containers, or conditions .
yup E85 pulls water. its hould not be stored for more then 4 months. i personally would not store it for more then 1-2 months. and to the other comment about installing a 500 gal tank. this is not going to work with E85. E85 is not at every gas station because it is very expensive to equip a station with proper E85 storing and pumping technology. some newer stations build it when stations are built from gorund up. not many stations here have it because frankly there is no point for them. it sells for 3.50/gal here which is same as 87oct. What normal person would want worse gas mileage for same price. When it was 2.30/gal people wanted to run it. now for people that use it as race gas 3.50/gal is great, there is just not enough of us to make gas stations profitable.

Originally Posted by ttboost
I leave my race fuel in the metal can until I need some. I pour it into my plastic race jug when I go to the track. I think keeping it cool and away from light is important...
Best to store E85 in plastic not metal, its not like race fuel.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Yes that's the station I was thinking about.

I am getting them to change the Rods and fuel system and what ever else the car needs.
There's a place in Mississauga that provides the racegas for Cayuga and other tracks. I went there to buy some race fuel (they have all kinds ranging from 100 octane to 115 octane). We were talking about E85 and he said he could get it but I'd have to order a minimum of something like 2000L. I wasn't interested at this stage but something for you to consider since it's much closer to you than Guelph.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
There's a place in Mississauga that provides the racegas for Cayuga and other tracks. I went there to buy some race fuel (they have all kinds ranging from 100 octane to 115 octane). We were talking about E85 and he said he could get it but I'd have to order a minimum of something like 2000L. I wasn't interested at this stage but something for you to consider since it's much closer to you than Guelph.

Yes I have ordered from OCF for years, just wanted to stop buying the Racefuel and do the E85, I have VP that would deliver to me, they bring in 109 and Q16 but the prcing is outragous lately.

I think storing it in the drum and pumping it inthe tank when i need it would be ideal.

I have gone trough 10 gallons of C16 in a night when i'm messing around so i have a feeling the 45 gallon drum will last 3 weeks tops.

with all the new gas staions going in im surprized that they dont have a closer one yet. In do time i'm sure. I just hope that it wont stop getting Produced or then i have another box to add to the garage. (