996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Took the car for emission test today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
Took the car for emission test today

They have poles with mirrors on the end of them to verify the cats are present. This kid runs the mirror under the drivers door, I guess he was happy with seeing nothing but floor.

Then everyone in the place comes over and embarrasses me with picture taking, hooting and hollering. I'm not a look at me kind of guy so I was pretty uncomfortable. While one was giving a class on Porsche history, which was completely wrong, the other was telling everyone he wishes he could afford a Porsche.

Anyway, the car passed with just the OBD II hook up and I was happy to be out of there. When I say seeing a Porsche is like seeing Bigfoot in my area I wasn't joking.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
texeck is a jewel in the roughtexeck is a jewel in the roughtexeck is a jewel in the rough
Too funny. The best part was:

"While one was giving a class on Porsche history, which was completely wrong"

Love that line.

I am certain that the guy with the mirror had zero idea where to look for the cats.

You should have opened the boot and blown all their minds!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:14 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioC5
They have poles with mirrors on the end of them to verify the cats are present. This kid runs the mirror under the drivers door, I guess he was happy with seeing nothing but floor.

Then everyone in the place comes over and embarrasses me with picture taking, hooting and hollering. I'm not a look at me kind of guy so I was pretty uncomfortable. While one was giving a class on Porsche history, which was completely wrong, the other was telling everyone he wishes he could afford a Porsche.

Anyway, the car passed with just the OBD II hook up and I was happy to be out of there. When I say seeing a Porsche is like seeing Bigfoot in my area I wasn't joking.
HI,What are you running for an exhaust??

Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
I have Switzer exhaust, it has cats.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
It is so painful to watch those kids pull your car up. Last time, they stalled my car twice trying to get it out of the bay.

Glad you passed, I have never had a problem with or w.o. cats!

Tom