996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How do you feel about your 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sql_pl
I am surprised it is hanging here and at mobile for so long Alex!
Yeah this is my "luck"!
My car is the cheapest from mobile.de (year/km), I had a few interested in the car but only words and no facts If the car had problems I would tell but the car is in very good shape and is working perfectly.
Some day the right client will come, at least this is what I hope!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
sandrajolly is infamous around these parts
WOW that 996TT is hot!!! That body kit really does wonders for an already great car. Would love to know what improvements that kit brings to the GT-R that is blisteringly fast in stock condition!
I really like the front lower facia and rims.Sweet looking ride.I can't wait to test drive it!

Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Love it. Then hate it when things go wrong. Then love it when all is working perfectly. And then when I am carving through mountain passes - punching out of corners - best car on the planet.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Turbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the rough
BOOSTTT, that 996TT was VRAlex's car, may he rest in peace. He was a member of this board and the car was built by Promotmotive. Truely exceptional

Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Turbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the rough
The 996TT is a true supercar, turbo and Porsche. It is well documented and noted as "the best supercar of all times" by several credible car authorities. This is true for all the reasons noted here by my fellow 6speeders. I have been around performance cars my whole life, growning up in a Porsche/other-multi-brand dealership and being part of a race team. I drove all the Porsche's back from the early 80's through present day, other brands (Ferrari's to McLaren MP12) and many in between and can assure anyone the 996TT is a solid supercar. There will always be faster cars, but, especially as the manufacturerers (including Porsche), focus on turning better performance numbers, the true driving experience will slowly be lost (i.e. sequential transmission, GTR, lauch control, yaw control, etc). The 996TT is mostly driver and has significant capabilities, with mods, to stand head to head with nearly anything. As for the 996TT current values, if you watch Porsche car depreciation, the 996TT plight it not unusual or unexpected. All earlier Turbo's depreciated into the 30's and subsequently rebounded. The 996TT will likely do the same but, hopefully you bought your 996TT to enjoy and not watch its value.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
+1 996 Turbo! I have driven many cars and I love it when I pass Ferrari 430's with ease lol.....but I would like to try a GT3!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 AM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
I have owned a number of exotics. My 996 2005 TURBO S is faster-handles better than any of them. The car is RARE less than 600 exist in NA and was built by hand not on assembly line like most other TURBO S cars.
The cars built in 05 were hand built. The stock hp was 489 not 444 as has been reported before. I'm quite sure this will be true collector car in the 996 series. I bought the car to enjoy and it has been all that every second

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-04-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
I have owned a number of exotics. My 996 2005 TURBO S is faster-handles better than any of them. The car is RARE less than 600 exist in NA and was built by hand not on assembly line like most other TURBO S cars.
The cars built in 05 were hand built. The stock hp was 489 not 444 as has been reported before. I'm quite sure this will be true collector car in the 996 series. I bought the car to enjoy and it has been all that every second
I agree about all you say but your hp numbers. Stock hp was 450 here in Europe and 444 in the USA. 489 is wishful thinking. But with a flash and exhaust I have estimated 530 crank.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Terminator
I agree about all you say but your hp numbers. Stock hp was 450 here in Europe and 444 in the USA. 489 is wishful thinking. But with a flash and exhaust I have estimated 530 crank.
Stock for stock a TRUE TURBO S car will out run any turbo x50 car. This has been gone over on the forums before. Less hp than x50 car = zero chance
444 hp = ...... zero chance. I have my scheduled for dyno next month.

http://students.cis.uab.edu/manishk/P996.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-needed-2.html

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
Oh my goodness.... The folks you have been talking with must think the Carrera GT was an absolute disaster then...

Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !

I would like to know where you got that information (hand made ????) ."Porsche 996 The essential companion" page 43. "The two new turbo S model were identical to their older brothers in all ways except for the engine and brakes. PCCB standard, + engine upgraded to 450 h.p. using previously optional X50 engine power enhancement kit." Also you will found some more info in the third book of the series of Karl Ludvigsen Excellence as expected page 1436.

Last edited by jpflip; 04-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by jpflip
I would like to know where you got that information (hand made ????) ."Porsche 996 The essential companion" page 43. "The two new turbo S model were identical to their older brothers in all ways except for the engine and brakes. PCCB standard, + engine upgraded to 450 h.p. using previously optional X50 engine power enhancement kit." Also you will found some more info in the third book of the series of Karl Ludvigsen Excellence as expected page 1436.
PORSCHE NA supplied it to the late ROBERT P. He was an EXPERT on these cars and always had inside info about them and was a great source of information before i purchased mine 3 years ago. He passed away last year.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-05-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
PORSCHE NA supplied it to the late ROBERT P

I cannot found anything that confirm this statement. Sorry.... Also no mention about that in Paul Frère book "Porsche 911 story" page 406. It was an option only....

Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
KICKINIT is infamous around these parts
I work at one of the local tracks and talk with many different people from owners to club member guys. I've heard the rumor a few different times that some of the turbo s cars had different maps.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by jpflip
I cannot found anything that confirm this statement. Sorry.... Also no mention about that in Paul Frère book "Porsche 911 story" page 406. It was an option only....
no worries.... you know what they say about books
I'm quite sure it's a known FACT that the cars built in 05 were built with left over parts not part of the assembly line, so unless Mr. Frere was in the building he wouldn't know.
There sure seems to be lot's of different info around regarding the TURBO S numbers in hp and boost levels.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you feel about your 996TT?