996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power Throttle Body and Plenum can cause an intermitent limp mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
911turbofreak is infamous around these parts
Agency Power Throttle Body and Plenum can cause an intermitent limp mode

Hello Since I installed an Agency power throttle boby and plenum I have always had an intermittent limp mode problem.

My 911 turbo (996) often go to limp mode when I drove in the highway a cruise speed, around 50mhp and 4th or 3 gear, when I driving in this condition and I hit full gas on the car sometimes the car does some cough and them go to limp mode ( I have to turn off the car and turn on and the limp mode going off)
When I hit full gas starting for 1st gear and them 2nd and 3 and 4 gear full rev in whole gears the car working perfect.

I have some mod in my car and I tried to change every thing I thought could be the problem but the car stay the same problem.

I think it may be the throttle body, could anybody tell me if the throttle body can cause a intermittent limp mode?

Thanks

Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911turbofreak
Hello Since I installed an Agency power throttle boby and plenum I have always had an intermittent limp mode problem.

My 911 turbo (996) often go to limp mode when I drove in the highway a cruise speed, around 50mhp and 4th or 3 gear, when I driving in this condition and I hit full gas on the car sometimes the car does some cough and them go to limp mode ( I have to turn off the car and turn on and the limp mode going off)
When I hit full gas starting for 1st gear and them 2nd and 3 and 4 gear full rev in whole gears the car working perfect.

I have some mod in my car and I tried to change every thing I thought could be the problem but the car stay the same problem.

I think it may be the throttle body, could anybody tell me if the throttle body can cause a intermittent limp mode?

Thanks
Do a boost leak test.You have a boost or vacuum leak somewhere and is most likely not the parts.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi,Hows your boost readings?? After you put the set-up on, did you have the same peak boost as before the install when it did not go into limp mode??..If not,then sounds like a boost leak...How about after the limp mode clears up??...

Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
I agree with Joe, vacuum boost leak, my guess when instal was done something was not hooked up properly or maybe a vacume line not hooked up at all, there are alot of little hoses, connections at the throttle body

Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Did you get it reflashed after you installed it? I would imagine it would need it but I'm not sure.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTurbRon
Did you get it reflashed after you installed it? I would imagine it would need it but I'm not sure.
No retune needed. You have a leak, or the check valve by the oil tank was installed backwards.

Tom

Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
aftermarket airbox causing issues with MAF?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
..Still waiting to hear from him on his boost readings before and after install......

Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
put on smaller 3/8th OEM size clamps and leak test it...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone, the problem looks like throttle, the car always peak boost 1.3bar before and after, when the car go limb mode the car max boost is 0.9. and this happens ONLY like I said before, when I drove in the highway a cruise speed, around 50mhp and 4th or 3 gear, and I driving in this condition, I hit full gas on the car, the car going to limp mode.

I change everything (hard parts) the only hard parts that I don't change is the throttle.

I read that Agency Power Throttle have some issues, at least those that were purchased about 2 years ago. Actually after I installed that throttle the car always send a fault code

So, I ordered a new throttle, when I install it, I will let you know how I was.

Thanks

Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone, the problem looks like throttle, the car always peak boost 1.3bar before and after, when the car go limb mode the car max boost is 0.9. and this happens ONLY like I said before, when I drove in the highway a cruise speed, around 50mhp and 4th or 3 gear, and I driving in this condition, I hit full gas on the car, the car going to limp mode.

I change everything (hard parts) the only hard parts that I don't change is the throttle.

I read that Agency Power Throttle have some issues, at least those that were purchased about 2 years ago. Actually after I installed that throttle the car always send a fault code

So, I ordered a new throttle, when I install it, I will let you know how I was.

Thanks
Whats your tuner say about all of this,any help??.....

Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future02turbo996 has a brilliant future

Thanks
Replace your MAF, it fixed the exact same problem for me.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:59 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 02turbo996
Replace your MAF, it fixed the exact same problem for me.
Yep..and put a paper air filter back in. You will NEVER notice the difference and will likely never have a MAF issue again.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I really hope you can tell if that mod made a difference when you get this straightened out....

Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Like I said before, I change everything (hard parts) MAF, N75, Diverters Valves, Hoses, Check valve is ok, no leaks......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power Throttle Body and Plenum can cause an intermitent limp mode