996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecu flash: Evo or softronic??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 AM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
Ecu flash: Evo or softronic??????

My cousin just picked up a 2011 997 Turbo. Can anyone give me some feedback on EVO VS. SOFTRONIC? I only have experience with EVO.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,For what I know about the two....Scott from Softronics is a good guy that stands behind his maps and will go the distance to help his customers.....Good Luck

Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
epl

Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
My car did 540awhp with flash only! -

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the input!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Call EPL and they will give it to you straight.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Even though you asked about EVO and Softronics only,,Protomotive and Markski are worth the call....

Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Epl or Proto would be the choices I'd be looking at. Just my 2 cents. I went with Epl and am very happy with the decision.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that he posted in the wrong forum. You're all so helpful!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I didn't think about it because I own a 996tt but thanks!!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Not sure this helps, but I spent 1 year deciding and I eventually went with EPL. My second choice was UMW. I researched Softonic and Revo as well. THere's also a local guy that does some no-name tune for $735. In the end, I went with the cheapest tune that allowed me to flash back to stock whenever I felt like it. THey are all flash based. I don't plan to really track my car or do any other upgrades to it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mentioned companies, but I would stick to the company that will ultimately do your upgrades.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
Not sure this helps, but I spent 1 year deciding and I eventually went with EPL. My second choice was UMW. I researched Softonic and Revo as well. THere's also a local guy that does some no-name tune for $735. In the end, I went with the cheapest tune that allowed me to flash back to stock whenever I felt like it. THey are all flash based. I don't plan to really track my car or do any other upgrades to it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mentioned companies, but I would stick to the company that will ultimately do your upgrades.
HI,I am glad you are happy,a tune will wake up the car to make it more enjoyable....If I my ask,,,Why didnt you look into Markski or Protomotive orGiac??

Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
I did look into Markski and Protomotive, but they were more expensive. I bought my tune purely on price and convenience with the ability to flash back to stock when needed. I wasn't looking for the most horsepower, but something tuned for 91 octane that is reliable and would give me some more power. The local shop I talked to wouldn't tell me which flash he was using for $735 (I was positive it was Upsolute, but Upsolute says they have no vendors here in CA), so I passed since there are too many questions here.