996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wing Actuator Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
thedru13 is infamous around these parts
Wing Actuator Issue

Ok n00bie on this forum. Not a n00b in the porsche scene. I have a 2001 996T. I have the GT2 wing on the back. Came with the car when I bought it. It sits on the stock actuators. One has failed so I get a fault everytime it attemps to raise. I have disconnected the actuator cause it is leaking. I have read about this issue with others and was curious if anyone has a work around or do they make a refurbed part. Price new is a bit steap and I am trying to sell the car. Just picked up a 997t and this is the only blemish with the 2001... Any help would be great....

Took the pics from the online sale...

Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Anyone

Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by thedru13
Anyone
Do you still want it to go up and down, or are you considering just having it as a fixed wing. Since the GT2 add-on wing sits a bit higher anyway, there's not much reason to spend the money to have the wing move (unless you think the buyer would want that). There are some fixed wing options available, including a kit that is sold on eBay. Disconnecting the sensors on the passenger side ram (carefully) seems to prevent the warning light from activating. Just do a search on "fixed wing" and you should find a lot of info. Let me know if you want more info on the eBay kit.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks Aerodude. Think I still want it to move. Will be easier to sell with it working properly. But sure would love to see the ebay info. I really just want to get out of the car soo anything to make it a better car I am all for it...

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by thedru13
Thanks Aerodude. Think I still want it to move. Will be easier to sell with it working properly. But sure would love to see the ebay info. I really just want to get out of the car soo anything to make it a better car I am all for it...
Here's the eBay kit for the fixed wing. The parts are actually quite simple (primarily threaded rods and nuts). You're really paying for the design, instructions and the knowledge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-996T...#ht_525wt_1141

Too bad you're getting out of the car -- hope it's to get into something nice. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Sounds like the OP got a 997TT, so I do believe he has the 'something nice' covered!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the link. I am going to look into that. Might be a good solution. And yes something nice is covered....LOL