996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My TX2K12 is over early. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
I assume you mean under drive pulley?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
bad luck , but it should be easy fix bro ..

i welded mine since my engine is out of the car .. make sure you weld it well

good luck in the mile

Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Very sorry to hear about this Todd!

It was a pleasure to meet you and Amber today, see you around!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 PM
alittleboost is infamous around these parts
So let this could happen to any 996TT on the street also?

That's scary if your doing a pull and that pops off on public roads.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Very sorry to hear about this Todd!

It was a pleasure to meet you and Amber today, see you around!
Neil! Great to see you and Tym today. I'll see you tomorrow bro.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alittleboost
So let this could happen to any 996TT on the street also?

That's scary if your doing a pull and that pops off on public roads.
It seems to happen more often to modded 996TT's.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ysfg35
bad luck , but it should be easy fix bro ..

i welded mine since my engine is out of the car .. make sure you weld it well

good luck in the mile
Brass fittings held in with jb weld? I'd pin these as well, still apart?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !
I jb welded the one that popped off behind the alternator. So far zero issues.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Todd, better safe then sorry. You will have alot of track days ahead of you. Im sure since it apart you will be doing all nessassary repairs now.

I may need to look into the fitting as well.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Sorry to here this, Todd. Not to mention you are running a road course w/ GT35s.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
It seems to happen more often to modded 996TT's.
I've been wondering about this. It does seem to occur more on modified 996TTs. Although I have heard it happening on stock (or nearly stock) GT3s.

Has anyone done a survey on when this is happening -- year, model, mileage, modified or not? Another interesting data point is that all of the dealer service guys I've talked to say that they haven't see a lot of these (if any). Of course, I realize that they probably see more cars that are stock and not pushed hard on the track?

In any case, I'm planning to get the fix when the clutch needs to be replaced (which is probably soon).

Last edited by Aerodude; 03-17-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basic
Brass fittings held in with jb weld? I'd pin these as well, still apart?
the welder guy replaced the factory pipes with these gold , then he attached a thread to stick the pipes into the housing , so its impossible to go out , then he welded it perfectly .. the last part he fixed the pipes with high temp glow ... i did this because as many of you knew its a common issue in 997TT/996TT and did not cost me more than $200 !!

Yousef

Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
sucks Todd, sorry!

Did it happen on the track? It seems that these coolant problems happen mostly on road courses...can't believe you were taking gt35 on the road course.

Steve is awesome!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Jitsu, bad107,

The GT35r's were not as laggy as you would think. they we're actually very responsive. At MSR, I was able to keep the revs up in lower gears. As much as I love the road course, I most likely won't track this car any more. I will likely look into an Atom or Spec Miata if I get more serious.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Jitsu, bad107,

The GT35r's were not as laggy as you would think. they we're actually very responsive. At MSR, I was able to keep the revs up in lower gears. As much as I love the road course, I most likely won't track this car any more. I will likely look into an Atom or Spec Miata if I get more serious.
Its not the lag its the intense power. 996TT is not a perfect track car to start and then almost triple the hp

Have you driven an atom? They look like a lot of fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My TX2K12 is over early. :(