996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gemballa 91 octane K24 file, for S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 AM
reddswiss has a spectacular aura aboutreddswiss has a spectacular aura about
Gemballa 91 octane K24 file, for S

Im looking at an S to buy. The seller has offered to install a Gemballa 91 octane K24 file. 540ps.

If I get the car, I'll upgrade the turbos and flash. Just wondering if anyone knows this File - Gemballa 91 octane K24 file. 540ps. I think its an actual ECU chip?? Shipping my cargraphic exhaust back with houshold goods.

Is the Gemballaa good file? Searched but can's find info. Also the car has a techart short shift. Not familiar with this. The car I drive now has a 997 SSK. Any info on the techart SSK?

Moving sucks, just wish it wasnt such a hassle to bring my car back to the states. on the plus side, Cars are cheaper in the states.

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
If your planning on reflashing anyways might as well keep it stock till you do. Also depends if it's a flash or chipped? If its a flash then I would say go for it as it can be overwritten with a new flash but if it's a chip what's involved installing/removing it? Is it worth the hassle? Good luck!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
2nd that notion. If you're upgrading turbos and doing new software immediately then there's no point in having the previous owner flash it. Is him offering to flash the car supposed to just be a purchase incentive?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
If they specified installing a FILE, probably is a flash. Not sure how they come out to 540 hp, as most tuner state - flash+exhaust+5 bar FPR + 93 octane = aprox 530 hp.

So maybe they calculated that in Belgium or Holland, under sea level and temps bellow 0.

I am sure that Gemballa is a good file, they really take their time on products and deliver top notch quality.

Techart SSK dont know, as far as everybody say 997 ssk is the best one, I have FVD ssk and just took it out, piece of sht

What turbos do you plan to upgrade to ? If 18g going to be used and 5bar FPR setups you might be fine, and a bit faster

Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
How do you know WHAT they are installing? I'd find a tuner here in the states and get it all done once- flash, turbos, install the exhaust...that way they are on the hook for getting it right.