996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is the best place to Adverise (and Sell) your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
How I sold my Car for a Fair price to a fellow Enthusiast. (See Last Post)

I have had mine in the classifieds here and on the Excellence web site for a some time and have not had one (other than the curious) person really interested. Not even many wanna be's, and certainly no serious takers. Just things like "Nice Car" "Good Luck" etc. Mearly commenters in other words, there seem to be a lot of those.

Now my car is basically mint, no accidents or issues or stories, clean CarFax, the works. All the mods you want but none that you do not need, But not one person has even come over to even view it. I remember when I was looking, I looked at probably 150 cars before I chose this one, OK I am picky.

It does have some mild mods, all the ones you need but not the ones you don't. So it is mildly modified, all reversable. It also has a one touch roof mod also (Why would that need to be removed?)

Is the market that bad for these cars? I find that hard to believe.

I am looking for success stories.

Thanks

Ian

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 08-19-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
Ebay... Free history report and lots of attention.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
I do autotrader with carfax and cars.com

Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Why not just advertise everywhere you can and with good pictures? Autotrader, cars.com, ebay, craigslist. The cost of an ad is minimal compared to the value of your vehicle.

Also, looks like your car is modified. You have to find the one right buyer who wants those mods and is willing to pay for them.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
removing the mods is probably worth consideration. perhaps the guy thats willing to pay up for a mint garage queen would rather mod it himself or keep it stock.

chris

Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Is your price reasonable compared to others for sale? Do you have it listed for sale on 6speed? I feel like most cars listed here go pretty quickly. But I have only purchased, not sold.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Well I have been traveling and not much time to do the AutoTrader route yet. After 6 months. I have had 3 phone calls and no views. I am going to be leaving the country for an extended period of time and unfortunately the need to sell is creeping up.

I was wondering what a price to sell without giving it away would be for a mint Car with 7,300 miles and the mods I have listed in my sig. I am ready to reverse them all and advertise it stock. Although it seems like a waste.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
I do autotrader with carfax and cars.com
Ditto + eBay. I have had lots of luck with AutoTrader over the last 13 years.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Mods always make it harder to sell, especially with something like water or meth injection. Also where is your add on here - have you ever bumped it? I couldn't find it. Cabs also don't sell quite as easy as coupes. I say pull all the mods and put it up for $50K. Any more than that, and it will be a tuff call.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Nice list of mods
What exactly is a one touch roof mod?
Pm sent

Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Nice list of mods
What exactly is a one touch roof mod?
Pm sent
Normally on the CAB you have to HOLD the button in to open or close the roof. This is one touch open one touch stop, one touch start etc.

$50k is too low for a MINT turbo S with 7k miles on it.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Normally on the CAB you have to HOLD the button in to open or close the roof. This is one touch open one touch stop, one touch start etc.

$50k is too low for a MINT turbo S with 7k miles on it.
Yes, but check the ones on Ebay. The ones asking over $60k have no bids. If you want to move it fast, your going to need to be lower.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:10 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Autotrader used to be pretty good but I've been buying more off Craigslist these days. You just have to re-list once a week orso. You also have the advantage of finding a local buyer most of the time.

Never sell in a hurry unless you HAVE to for some reason. Just store it for a few months if you will be out of the country for a while. Another option is to use a consignment place; they do charge a fee but you don't have to go through the hassle of the whole sale process.

Last edited by FI_FTW; 07-26-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Never in a hurry, just procrastinated for a long time, as it is such an incredible car to drive.

Here is the link to the for Sale Post.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...gray-mint.html

Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing car! Just have to bump that FS thread more regularly

The only problem I see with it, is that you are in 997 turbo territory. Some people may opt for that instead (granted with more miles).

In any case, don't give it away! It looks fantastic!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is the best place to Adverise (and Sell) your Car?