996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rant / Question about chasing venders to reply with info.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Hmm I thought the bumper might go 5k

Rotors; I was thinking a set of 350mm Girodiscs for now.
And sways was thinking Eibach, not sure if the GT3 set is a better set up???????

All of this should have been easy to get and quote but several of the big dog venders on here just didn't seem to care to reply to my requests.

996 gt2 parts are very hard to find. I am shocked by (guessing) RSS not getting back to you about the discs. In my mind that set up is a no brainier. I dealt with Greg when I was a shop and call over to find his no longer there and never had a problem... I bought the lower control arms and pucks.. same service.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttpopo
haha, i noticed this years ago and got into this biz hoping to improve things...

however, i simply found out why its like that.

so much bull$hit everywhere.

small margins, expensive parts, low volumes, no stock, cutom ordering, know it all customers, overworked, underpaid dissilusioned vendors.

I think most get into this biz for the love and passion - but that is sucked out of you pretty quickly. Its tough to make a buck with the porsche crowd.

I cant tell you how many customers want to talk on the phone - sure they need information, but whats a shop to do? Its admirable all the free info some shops give out. Equally sad how many potential customers take said info, the. go order soemwhere else to save $20 or get the part faster. After a while, you just...(see OP)

Rep to you!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 PM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ttpopo
haha, i noticed this years ago and got into this biz hoping to improve things...

however, i simply found out why its like that.

so much bull$hit everywhere.

small margins, expensive parts, low volumes, no stock, cutom ordering, know it all customers, overworked, underpaid dissilusioned vendors.

I think most get into this biz for the love and passion - but that is sucked out of you pretty quickly. Its tough to make a buck with the porsche crowd.

I cant tell you how many customers want to talk on the phone - sure they need information, but whats a shop to do? Its admirable all the free info some shops give out. Equally sad how many potential customers take said info, the. go order soemwhere else to save $20 or get the part faster. After a while, you just...(see OP)
On both ends, happens all far too often. Hence why half the time I'm at the shop I turn the phones off the hook so I can get stuff done for the customers that care about quality work.