996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rant / Question about chasing venders to reply with info.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Rant / Question about chasing venders to reply with info.

So I have been chasing several venders for quotes on some items for the car and I am getting really tired of it....

What does a guy do, you are going to give them a fist full of cash yet you have to chase them with repeated calls asking for that quote only to wait days for the e-mail that never comes.

Does a guy say screw them and just keep looking for another source.

Really I am truly annoyed with this... Truly truly truly fed up!!!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I wonder why I person with your knowledge and background is using vendors? Or is it for those parts that it just don't pay to make yourself?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
You ask them once - If they're not responsive or proactive.............f*ck 'em

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
You ask them once - If they're not responsive or proactive.............f*ck 'em
I agree because, this will continue (and get worse) when you need warranty work...

I had a very simple $5 warranty item that I was requesting from SunCoastParts. I ordered a 997 key fob directly from them and the logo fell off. Here is the response I got:

If we ship something that is defective or damaged, we'll return or exchange it within 10 days of your receiving the item. This allows us to do a claim with Porsche within their time frame.(and yes we'd need the entire part back to do this). The part itself does have a warranty from "Porsche" for 2 yrs. This claim would have to initiated by you at your dealership or authorized Porsche service center. Your receipt date is the start of the warranty. We are an authorized Porsche dealership, which is one of the requirements for the warranty. " Suncoast Parts" doesn't offer the warranty. Not sure what the conversation was previously, but this has always been the policy. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

I replied to their email but now they aren't answering me. They say they are an authorized dealer but I have to go through a different authorized dealer for any warranty claim?!?!?!

I have spent a few bucks with them in the past, but if the Porsche warranty doesn't apply - it sounds to risky to me. Run away - there are plenty of dealers to choose from.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
I wonder why I person with your knowledge and background is using vendors? Or is it for those parts that it just don't pay to make yourself?

A bit of both on the make it or buy it issue.... And lets face it, unless you are going to build in bulk why bother.

Sway bars, yeah kinda hard to make.
Rotors & pads, yup don't ever make them either
Complete 996 front GT2 bumper set up.

Complete suspension link kit --> Tom at Champion is covering that.

So that is well over 10g of components; if that is not worth a returned call or e-mail for then I must be mistaken.

There are other things I wanted too.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i dont even know why you bothered posting it this really , in these times especially when times and biz is hard, they ( the vendors or anyone in biz) should be head over heels to try and get the sale ..

if i were you... i would just go to the next guy who is willing to take the time and get back to you and wants your business .

Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
A bit of both on the make it or buy it issue.... And lets face it, unless you are going to build in bulk why bother.

Sway bars, yeah kinda hard to make.
Rotors & pads, yup don't ever make them either
Complete 996 front GT2 bumper set up.

Complete suspension link kit --> Tom at Champion is covering that.

So that is well over 10g of components; if that is not worth a returned call or e-mail for then I must be mistaken.

There are other things I wanted too.
Sways= gt3 easy to get...
Rotors? BBK (over 350mm)? if not 997 tt rotors and calipers.. easy too
996 gt2 bumper= factory? good luck.... to do right you will be close to 10k for that alone. ducts brackets and all the small parts...

Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Sways= gt3 easy to get...
Rotors? BBK (over 350mm)? if not 997 tt rotors and calipers.. easy too
996 gt2 bumper= factory? good luck.... to do right you will be close to 10k for that alone. ducts brackets and all the small parts...
Hmm I thought the bumper might go 5k

Rotors; I was thinking a set of 350mm Girodiscs for now.
And sways was thinking Eibach, not sure if the GT3 set is a better set up???????

All of this should have been easy to get and quote but several of the big dog venders on here just didn't seem to care to reply to my requests.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Hmm I thought the bumper might go 5k

Rotors; I was thinking a set of 350mm Girodiscs for now.
And sways was thinking Eibach, not sure if the GT3 set is a better set up???????

All of this should have been easy to get and quote but several of the big dog venders on here just didn't seem to care to reply to my requests.
maybe they realize you are shopping arround for the best price and they know they arent going to be the cheapest guy arround so dont want to waste their time

not saying i think its right, just saying that might be the reason

annoys the hell out of me when people arent responsive, i just go elsewhere, i will happily pay more if i get good service

Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Slider
I agree because, this will continue (and get worse) when you need warranty work...

I had a very simple $5 warranty item that I was requesting from SunCoastParts. I ordered a 997 key fob directly from them and the logo fell off. Here is the response I got:

If we ship something that is defective or damaged, we'll return or exchange it within 10 days of your receiving the item. This allows us to do a claim with Porsche within their time frame.(and yes we'd need the entire part back to do this). The part itself does have a warranty from "Porsche" for 2 yrs. This claim would have to initiated by you at your dealership or authorized Porsche service center. Your receipt date is the start of the warranty. We are an authorized Porsche dealership, which is one of the requirements for the warranty. " Suncoast Parts" doesn't offer the warranty. Not sure what the conversation was previously, but this has always been the policy. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

I replied to their email but now they aren't answering me. They say they are an authorized dealer but I have to go through a different authorized dealer for any warranty claim?!?!?!

I have spent a few bucks with them in the past, but if the Porsche warranty doesn't apply - it sounds to risky to me. Run away - there are plenty of dealers to choose from.
Slider,

Let me see if I can help clear up the confusion. The part is warrantied through Porsche against manufacturing defects. Suncoast Parts does not offer a warranty or make any of these parts, they are Genuine Porsche.

I think what she was trying to say is that you can take the part into any authorized service center with our invoice and they should be able to start the claim process. Something like a crest falling off could be considered wear and tear and the claim could get denied, but in the end that is not up to us.

Since the order was placed with us just about a year ago, she also gave the option of a replacement crest at our cost to try and help. The new crest can be glued on and look like new in a matter of minutes.

If there is still any kind of confusion you are welcome to give us a call and speak to a manager or supervisor, they will be more than happy to go into further detail.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
haha, i noticed this years ago and got into this biz hoping to improve things...

however, i simply found out why its like that.

so much bull$hit everywhere.

small margins, expensive parts, low volumes, no stock, cutom ordering, know it all customers, overworked, underpaid dissilusioned vendors.

I think most get into this biz for the love and passion - but that is sucked out of you pretty quickly. Its tough to make a buck with the porsche crowd.

I cant tell you how many customers want to talk on the phone - sure they need information, but whats a shop to do? Its admirable all the free info some shops give out. Equally sad how many potential customers take said info, the. go order soemwhere else to save $20 or get the part faster. After a while, you just...(see OP)

Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
unterbergamotte has a spectacular aura aboutunterbergamotte has a spectacular aura about
possible lack of quote response reason

I imagine that the lack of response is based on the likely hood of making a sale versus the effort to provide you with a quote. For example: Putting a parts quote together for a bumper conversion, TT to GT2, takes A LOT of time and expertise (no catalog available that will list everything needed) 99%+ of people requesting the quote get a sticker shock anyway and go with aftermarket. In addition, the markup on those porsche parts in tiny.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hey,,Glad to see you back here...

Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I have dealt with many sponsors on this board (my mod list goes pretty long too); never had any problems with them!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by buzzm
maybe they realize you are shopping arround for the best price and they know they arent going to be the cheapest guy arround so dont want to waste their time

not saying i think its right, just saying that might be the reason

annoys the hell out of me when people arent responsive, i just go elsewhere, i will happily pay more if i get good service
I am a race shop owner and this is a shop car, I ask for fair wholesale pricing and timely replies.
As a customer when I get good service and products I will Very gladly recommend and use a good vender. The joy of a cheap price is absolutely crushed by poor service / customer support!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rant / Question about chasing venders to reply with info.