996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 Turbo straight pipes flame video!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Rental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura about
Video 996 Turbo straight pipes flame video!

Video of my car with AWE Tuning dump (straight) pipes...

Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Nice quality vid. Not sure I could handle sounding like a truck with no mufflers, but to each their own! I always love flames.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Rental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura about
It's fun to play with... I'll probably change back to my Tubi eventually. It's pretty much the loudest thing on Earth on cold-start but not as bad once it warms up (actually still insanely loud).

Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rental Metard
It's fun to play with... I'll probably change back to my Tubi eventually. It's pretty much the loudest thing on Earth on cold-start but not as bad once it warms up (actually still insanely loud).

what mods?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Giggity.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
what mods?
*BMC drop-in filter
*GIAC ECU Tune
*AWE Tuning Dump pipes
*EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
*GT2 Fuel Pump
*GT2 Slave/Master Clutch Cylinder Conversion
*Sachs/AWE Stage 2.5 Clutch Kit

Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
When I put bypass pipes on my turbos, nothing even compared to how loud it was.... Made my ex m3 with ss race exhaust /headers back no cats or resonators sound tame...

Besides that, sounded like ****, and lost so much throttle response and low end torque..

I can't wait to hear your impression once you put your tubi back on , you will sigh in relief And say, thank god...

Nice flames though ha

Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
When I put bypass pipes on my turbos, nothing even compared to how loud it was.... Made my ex m3 with ss race exhaust /headers back no cats or resonators sound tame...

Besides that, sounded like ****, and lost so much throttle response and low end torque..

I can't wait to hear your impression once you put your tubi back on , you will sigh in relief And say, thank god...

Nice flames though ha
I think I'll miss it once I switch back really. But it will be nice to have a female in the car without pissing them off. The low end torque loss is noticeable but I feel like it more than makes up for it higher in the range and with the lost weight.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned
Sql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to behold
Interesting but it may be a bit too much!

What GT2 lid do you use? Looks like it has some fitment issues? Sticks out too far?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
Sounds cool! I like also I love the Guards red mine is the same....I have a R turbo...Full RUF 550 package...I would love to have a loud aggresive ezhauast more so than my RUF exhaust...but with larger turbos and software are you not worried about CEL and no back pressure on your turbos and engine damage? I am no expert just asking other than loss of low torque have you had any issues with this? I would like simple GMG WC-GT exhaust or stage 2 loud fabspeed but worried about performance loss

Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kerrage
Sounds cool! I like also I love the Guards red mine is the same....I have a R turbo...Full RUF 550 package...I would love to have a loud aggresive ezhauast more so than my RUF exhaust...but with larger turbos and software are you not worried about CEL and no back pressure on your turbos and engine damage? I am no expert just asking other than loss of low torque have you had any issues with this? I would like simple GMG WC-GT exhaust or stage 2 loud fabspeed but worried about performance loss
1st post welcome!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sql_pl
Interesting but it may be a bit too much!

What GT2 lid do you use? Looks like it has some fitment issues? Sticks out too far?
This is the Misha GT2 decklid... I still need to make some adjustments to it but fit and quality is definitely far from perfect. Could be much worse though.

My tune has the rear 02 sensors disabled so no CEL. No reason to be worried about engine damage from putting on straight pipes unless someone feels like shooting crap up my pipes to the turbo.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
Hey There! thanks 2muchtime..Glad to be on board..looks like a lot of great guys...and girls on here...Thank you

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Madtech is infamous around these parts
I just made a set for my 996tt that i picked up a few months ago. I used two 4" resonators with 4" straight pipes with a nice angle cut. They are definetly loud but for no tuning the car has really come alive. In third gear the car makes 1.0bar of boost as compared to stock .7 and the flames are great! The wife will still get in it without complaining unless i cant hear her