996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 undergoing surgery at Imagine Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:46 AM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Talking GT2 undergoing surgery at Imagine Auto

My GT2 is currently at Imagine Auto being worked on by the Good Doctor Kaspar. He is performing a complete engine tear down and rebuild with all the good stuff: Carrillo rods, CP pistons, Head studs, Upgraded Coated Valve springs, etc.. Once the motor is back together he will be installing the GT700 package plus larger NA throttle body and V-Flow airbox. Thank you Todd (Evolution Motorsports) for all the guidance and parts. I decided to go with the GT700 due to the quicker spooling K16 turbines and the fact that my car is only 2-wheel drive! Have not decided yet, but I will probably be installing the Moton Club Sport suspension also. I have included some photos of my recent trip to Imagine Auto. Thank you Stephen and IA crew for taking care of my mistress.

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Another

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2005, 08:50 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
should be a fun project, congrats!

Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 AM
TestnDoc is infamous around these parts
You have a GIAC dealer in atlanta..."Eurotech Atlanta". Did you have any discussions with them or had any experiences with them? What about Orton perfromance in Atlanta?? Your car will be sweet when mods are done!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah,
If I don't kill myself!

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Comparison of K24 and GT700 K16

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
SWEET!! I can say from experience. Your car will be NUTZ!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 09:17 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Coating the springs is a very good move.

Does the GT2 come stock with a single or dual index oil pump (commonly refered to as GT3 oil pump)? If has the single, you better replace it with the dual.

Last edited by cjv; 05-26-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:38 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Cleve,
You are very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to come up and see us. We enjoyed it. For those that have never met Cleve he is a real car nut. He is as bad as the rest of us!! It is nice to be in good company.

In regards to other EVO dealers. We are EVO’s oldest and biggest dealer. Between ImagineAuto and EVO we have built over 20 TT motors. I believe this is probably more than anyone else here in the states. ( I said here in the states Neil ) We are also EVO’s only install dealer that can fabricate as well as build and install here on location. Not that there are not others out there that can’t or don’t do 996TT engine but as a EVO dealer we can do it all. Not to mention we have build hundreds of turbo motors from 75-present and continue to do so.

Last edited by PorschePhd; 05-26-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:54 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
All GT2 and X50 cars have the GT3 oil pump.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Looks like quite a project! Its gonna be a BEAST when done!

Old 05-26-2005, 10:49 AM
dwishen is infamous around these parts
Re: GT2 undergoing surgery at Imagine Auto

Originally posted by cgmeredithjr
My GT2 is currently at Imagine Auto being worked on by the Good Doctor Kaspar. He is performing a complete engine tear down and rebuild with all the good stuff: Carrillo rods, CP pistons, Head studs, Upgraded Coated Valve springs, etc.. Once the motor is back together he will be installing the GT700 package plus larger NA throttle body and V-Flow airbox. Thank you Todd (Evolution Motorsports) for all the guidance and parts. I decided to go with the GT700 due to the quicker spooling K16 turbines and the fact that my car is only 2-wheel drive! Have not decided yet, but I will probably be installing the Moton Club Sport suspension also. I have included some photos of my recent trip to Imagine Auto. Thank you Stephen and IA crew for taking care of my mistress.
cg,

I noticed you're in Atlanta. I'd love to check out your car when you get it back...maybe I can get a ride ? I'm in the Dunwoody area, but could meet up anywhere. Also, my paernts own a shop in Chamblee (their old one in Brookhaven is celbrating its 20th anniversary this year) if you feel more comfortable meeting somewhere like that.

David

Old 05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Cleve,

My engine is also with Dr. Kasper in the final stages of reassembly.

Why did you go with CP pistons over the stock pistons?

Craig

Old 05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
That's gonna be one sweet ride.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:45 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Cleve,

Awsome project! What's the HP figures when done? rwhp/crank?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.