996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$$$$, that sad sucking sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
56k miles......
Waiting for a call or response from Alan, been waiting on paperwork, receipts etc for 2 weeks. But that's not for this forum, that I will handle off line.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
It's always difficult with a used car. When cars have problems, there is point when they "just happen". It looks like your car has some nice after market work. Once you get through these issues, you will more likely than not have a bomber car.

Best of luck through this!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
$54k for a moderately modded 2001 18g car with 56k miles?

Not looking to salt a wound, but that sounds a little high to me. Of course, each car and transaction are different, and if the buyer and seller both felt it was fair, that's all that matters.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
$54k for a moderately modded 2001 18g car with 56k miles?

Not looking to salt a wound, but that sounds a little high to me. Of course, each car and transaction are different, and if the buyer and seller both felt it was fair, that's all that matters.
I am inclined to agree. Like I said, Alan has a really good rep. Maybe he can throw in some BJJ private lessons. A Renzo Gracie BB is a rare thing. Renzo is so incredibly technical in the way he teaches, and people who learn from him reflect that.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Man i hope you get it all resolved. Its sucks having a car getting fixed all the time, it is expected on a car that may have been beaten up. Not sure if it was but never the less i hope it all works out.

I agree on the Boost leak test. You may be very surprised.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
Thanks Corey......

Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Let's get Allen on here because seems like this "super karate guy" might have been less then honest about the car. It always takes two to tango so you only testing a car in traffic is not good at the same time you should have been told the clutch was on the way out. At the end of the day I'd like Allen here to clear the water because it's all fuzzy. This is why I don't trust anyone, anymore ask me how I came to that.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Blockhed
ask me how I came to that.
How!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
When a friend of 10+ years can shaft you then I can only imagine what strangers do these days. I will rephrase what I said, I don't trust anyone but Markski

Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Why are you playing this out on the internet? Seems to me you should be dealing with the guy who sold you the car...directly.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Hey Guys! To be Honest I JUST got a phone call from John at Protosport about this thread and just read it....

First off... I am a little surprised that Steve would decide to post this here as we have been trying to rectify the situation via txt daily which I have been responding to. I said I would help him out whether financially or however we both decided would be mutually acceptable. So he does know we will get this taken care of.

Second... Those that know me know I have rarely taken the car out in the last two years. Due to my hectic work and family schedule. The car was 100% when I gave Steve a ride where we boosted around 4-5 times in 4th gear into 5th. There was not enought room to really run it out in but the clutch held perfect and no cells or other issues arose in the roughly 20-30 minute drive. (including my drive to and from the shop where we met.

We started negotiations right away and the car was parked in my garage until the day Steve picked it up.

Steve and I have been in communication about the car almost daily and in the first week he broke the front spoiler off the car. (ok the car is very very very low...) anyway ... i gave him a extra spoiler I had no charge to replace his broken one.

I know Steve is a car guy... likes to drive and probably drive hard.

There has been some mud thrown here and I feel it to be unjust to Proto (who last had the car) and to myself. This will be taken car of. The car was mint when it left my house sans a AFR Gauge that needed to be replaced (at my expense) and a brake light bulb which I gave him when he left.

Anyway... Steve will be taken care of.... I've run the car for 6 years of ownership and it has been solid. Now sure why all of a sudden it is having issues........

Steve call me when you get a chance.. I just called and txt but haven't gotten a response.....

Old 04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
Let's get Allen on here because seems like this "super karate guy" might have been less then honest about the car. It always takes two to tango so you only testing a car in traffic is not good at the same time you should have been told the clutch was on the way out. At the end of the day I'd like Allen here to clear the water because it's all fuzzy. This is why I don't trust anyone, anymore ask me how I came to that.
I agree blockhed... My other interests should bear no credibility on this situation. But to say I am being dishonest purposely is a bit insulting. No very insulting... I didn't want to sell the car and the oportunity arose where a good friend said he knew someone looking for a 996TT. I was not looking to sell the car.... or dump any issues on anyone. If I had a car with a faulty clutch and knew it was bad I would have had it replaced right then and there... I pride my cars on their maintenance. When steve was here he even commented on how perfect all my cars were......

That being said... Steve has had the car for around 250+ miles and the clutch is slipping. I had a Mechanic locally that works on all sorts of cars Audi's, Astons,Porsche, Mercedes, GTR's, Ferrari's, BMW...etc etc.. very reputable shop. Lined up to install his new clutch FOR FREE! Steve declined the offer. I was going to pay a portion of the clutch we have yet to determine or give him parts (which he was going to pay me cash for anyway) Steve declined the parts and the Free install.

Not sure what he wants me to do but if he calls me or picks up my call I'm sure we can get this accomplished to his satisfaction.

Last edited by str8blst; 04-01-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Speedtrapped
56k miles......
Waiting for a call or response from Alan, been waiting on paperwork, receipts etc for 2 weeks. But that's not for this forum, that I will handle off line.

Waiting for a response? I just read this thread for the FIRST TIME about a 20 minutes ago... we have been texting back and forth yesterday and now you pull this crap? How hard is it to pick up the phone?

Last edited by str8blst; 04-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by str8blst
Hey Guys! To be Honest I JUST got a phone call from John at Protosport about this thread and just read it....

First off... I am a little surprised that Steve would decide to post this here as we have been trying to rectify the situation via txt daily which I have been responding to. I said I would help him out whether financially or however we both decided would be mutually acceptable. So he does know we will get this taken care of.

Second... Those that know me know I have rarely taken the car out in the last two years. Due to my hectic work and family schedule. The car was 100% when I gave Steve a ride where we boosted around 4-5 times in 4th gear into 5th. There was not enought room to really run it out in but the clutch held perfect and no cells or other issues arose in the roughly 20-30 minute drive. (including my drive to and from the shop where we met.

We started negotiations right away and the car was parked in my garage until the day Steve picked it up.

Steve and I have been in communication about the car almost daily and in the first week he broke the front spoiler off the car. (ok the car is very very very low...) anyway ... i gave him a extra spoiler I had no charge to replace his broken one.

I know Steve is a car guy... likes to drive and probably drive hard.

There has been some mud thrown here and I feel it to be unjust to Proto (who last had the car) and to myself. This will be taken car of. The car was mint when it left my house sans a AFR Gauge that needed to be replaced (at my expense) and a brake light bulb which I gave him when he left.

Anyway... Steve will be taken care of.... I've run the car for 6 years of ownership and it has been solid. Now sure why all of a sudden it is having issues........

Steve call me when you get a chance.. I just called and txt but haven't gotten a response.....
Great response - if I were the buyer, it would help put my mind at ease for sure. Rep for you.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Sounds like Alan is being very fair here to me. Like I said above, used cars at some point have issues. It sounds like bad timing to me. Once you get through, it looks like a great car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $$$$, that sad sucking sound