996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CEL code help p1109

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
CEL code help p1109

Did the search to no avail. Recently did a bunch of work on the car; cayenne tb, ap plenum, speed tech y-pipe, bmc filter. Ya I know lots of different manufactures, anywhoo, is my maf toast or is there some kind of boost leak?? Can't find that code. Any help would be great.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Search on here, lots of different causes. I had this when my new TB did not mate to the plenum properly. I made a new gasket that was thick, and ditched the o-ring.

Tom

Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Oh and make sure you test for boost leaks at every stage of reassembly, from the all the way back to the turbos, then from the intake. LOTS of stuff to go wrong here, but all easy fixes!

Tom

Old 04-02-2012, 10:37 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Ya had a custom braket made to mount the plenum to tb. cost me 200 bucks looked good and made the parts fit nicely. Have not checked for leaks yet.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Code says. Secondary port throttle system. Any body have a clue why? Or how to fix??

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powderjay
Did the search to no avail. Recently did a bunch of work on the car; cayenne tb, ap plenum, speed tech y-pipe, bmc filter. Ya I know lots of different manufactures, anywhoo, is my maf toast or is there some kind of boost leak?? Can't find that code. Any help would be great.
MAF is suspect or another possibility is the mods have resulted in turbulent air flow past/through the MAF and it is supplying invalid readings.

The error code points to 'input variables, charge measurement -- above limit'.

With all the mods you have to walk through then and make sure everything is hooked up correctly.

Beyond that I have nothing more at this time to offer.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Usually means small boost leak or leak in the intake piping, in my experience...

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
But how is the LWFW???

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
LEAK LEAK LEAK!

There you go.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by ttpopo
But how is the LWFW???
Can't tell, don't want to blow up the engine. Leak test soon

Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
I'm getting that one every once in a while.
I was told that my Evo intake is probably causing it.
It will usually clear itself after a few hours

Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Many people have traced this down to a leaking valve seat. I had the same thing as Alex and chased my tail for a while. Luckily it was my car with the gremlin not a customer.
Anyhow it's almost always a leak somewhere at nothing more. Could be under the plenum too. You will find it. good luck!