996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

VIDEO: What does 212mph look/sound like in a 996 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
My 996turbo sounds nothing like that, lol. Pretty cool

Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Bad ***!! Nice driving Todd,and the car hauls ***

Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
bushman66 is infamous around these parts
Nice!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Love the video and love the car even more. Great driving and congrats on your texas mile run.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Saweeetttt!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Very nice! Even if my car could do it, there's no way I'd have the guts to go that fast. I was originally thinking that it would be cool to have an outside camera shot from the front -- but then I realized why you probably don't.

Last edited by Aerodude; 04-03-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Amazing stuff! Never gets old watching!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
0-200mph in ~22secs

Wow

Cool video thanks, exhaust sounds badass at wot but not so much elsewhere.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Basic
Built for speed rather than comfort.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Great run & thanks for sharing - well put together!! What revs did you launch at? What revs were you changing at?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
That is soooo sick. I must have watched it a dozen times.

Congrats on a safe and successful run.

Are those the pipes I sold you?
YES! Thanks

Originally Posted by topgun
Nice job bro..
Thanks again for your support in Texas Tom!

Originally Posted by Carbon
Wow that thing accelerates like mad.
Its a rush.

Originally Posted by pzgren
oh nice one - and the sound from the back is quite good, despite it was recorded with a gopro!
Thanks

Originally Posted by REDLINER911
My 996turbo sounds nothing like that, lol. Pretty cool
LOL, notice my radio? It's still waiting for me to plug in the radio code to even activate it. I haven't listened to the radio in 4 months.

Originally Posted by joetwint
Bad ***!! Nice driving Todd,and the car hauls ***
Huge compliment coming from you bud!

Originally Posted by Irishace
Love the video and love the car even more. Great driving and congrats on your texas mile run.
Thanks Irish

Originally Posted by fdorn
Saweeetttt!!!!!!!
Thanks Frank

Originally Posted by Aerodude
Very nice! Even if my car could do it, there's no way I'd have the guts to go that fast. I was originally thinking that it would be cool to have an outside camera shot from the front -- but then I realized why you probably don't.
I do have an outside video. here.

Originally Posted by raineycd
Amazing stuff! Never gets old watching!!!
I know right? I've watch it many times.

Originally Posted by Basic
0-200mph in ~22secs

Wow

I agree. Tractor at idle, racecar at WOT.

Originally Posted by Carbon
Built for speed rather than comfort.
THIS

Originally Posted by Red 9
Great run & thanks for sharing - well put together!! What revs did you launch at? What revs were you changing at?
Thanks man, I think this launch was at 5k. I tried to shift at or just above 7500 but it revs so quick that I was just trying to time it right.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Looks like Mike and I had the fastest Porsches at the Texas Mile. Only because Evoms was having some troubles with the Red Beast.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Congrats on the run and you've got a very fast car. What kind of suspension set-up do you have? I thought it was pretty smooth considering how fast you were going.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Mate I think your exhaust is leaking!

Awesome racing sound. The Real McCoy.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
JBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of light
That's a pretty wicked exhaust note!
I have a Fabspeed exhaust on my aircooled Turbo, with high flow cats... I think yours is the first watercooled Turbo I've heard that sounds meaner than mine!

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I know many of you have seen my previous Texas Mile video from last weekend. But, this new version includes a speedometer overlay (thanks to Mike Bailey). Also, to improve the overall sound, I used the audio from my 2nd GoPro that was mounted on the back bumper during this run. The exhaust is Fabspeed cat delete with straight pipes. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpazo...f1AUAAAAAAACAA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: What does 212mph look/sound like in a 996 Turbo?